Route layout France -Calais-London — TomTom Community

Route layout France -Calais-London

Hello,problem,not laying a route through the port,to England!!!Maps Here,no problem.

Answers

• MOLODUHAMOLODUHA Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited August 2019
    wy40dploibld.jpg
    MOLODUHA wrote: »
    Hello,problem tomtom 6250 truck,not laying a route through the port Calais,to England!!!Maps Here,no problem.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,895
    Superuser
    Hi @MOLODUHA

When you have the route showing as above

Tap menu
    Tap Search
    Type Calais Ferry
    You will then get a list in the right hand column with the second being the Car Ferry terminal. You will need to Tap the Blue keyboard Icon bottom right to see the list which you can scroll down.
    Select the Car Ferry offered and then you will see it on the Ma[p with a menu next to it. Tap the 3 vertical dots next to Drive and select Add to Current route and then the Route will be revised via Calais Ferry Terminal.

Doug
    edited August 2019
    Thank you,why make a lot of moves? Navigation should search for the best route by itself.I also have navigation on Here maps ,there are no problems with routes,with Parking lots ,this navigation is not for the truck.France was brought under 3.5 tonnes,which weighs more than one year, the colours,the distance to the border countries do not,go in blind,and this is very important for truck Parking display if they're on the road,if on minor road no Parking.
    Sorry, Google translate.
    Superuser
    Hi @MOLODUHA

Looking at your photo again it looks like you have the Calais and Dover Ferry terminals saved in My Places.

If this is the case then if you had Tapped Menu then Tapped Current Route you can then Tap Add a Stop. If you then tap Search Top Right then you can see the 2 columns and the Right one is your My Places. If you Tap the Blue Icon bottom Right then you can scroll down or search for the Calais Ferry saved in My Places and select it and it will be added to your route.

If you travel from London to Dover on my car units they default to the Tunnel and I have to direct it to go via the Ferry.

Doug
    this is the problem of tomtom maps,tom maps are not designed for the truck ,such cases are very much!!!
    1.for example, when traffic brings in the green areas of London,this is a problem.
    2.Navigation on the maps HERE,does not reduce,and displays the ring of green areas,tomtom leads directly to the center.
    Superuser
    Hi @MOLODUHA

If I ask my car Tomtom's or indeed a number of the other available GPS units or Apps to calculate a route between 2 points locally they all use the main A road and 2 off B roads as the recommended route. Here maps is the only one that advocates ignoring the main routes and recommends a route down unclassified narrow winding single track roads with very few passing places, over a weak bridge and through a width restriction. So Here maps would not get my vote any day.

Doug