GO 5100 updated but now no maps available showing — TomTom Community

GO 5100 updated but now no maps available showing

JohnlaughtJohnlaught Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 2019 in Map installation
Hi
I have attempted to carry out the free lifetime update to my device but it seems like it is corrupted as the message is now showing no maps available.

The my drive is showing my device is up to date and will not let me download anymore maps and I have carried out all the FAQ tips emptying the download folder, reset and recovery of the device but still no success.

I have no back up to re-install the maps from my computer so how can i get round this?

Do I need ops to add the maps to my drive so I can then re-download back into my device?

Thanks

Best Answers

• JohnlaughtJohnlaught Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram

I just wanted to thank you for arranging this and update you how I got on.

I have finally got my tomtom back up and running again.

I did still however have another issue before getting it working that I wanted to share if anybody else struggles.

Due to the error message coming up on the screen the device will not let you do anything until the device has a map installed but this does cause a problem on this new update that is to large for your device so you have to get an sd card. I already had purchased a 16GB memory card but I was unable to get into the device to format the card due to no mapping on the device and not letting me do anything, this was a bit of a dilemma I had so luckily I had been assigned other maps of the world that was a lot smaller than the europe map I wanted and I knew this would then fit into my device rather than be to big for it.
    I then went ahead and downloaded the smaller mapping for New Zealand which once loaded it then let me get into the device as it was now recognising a map, granted it wasn't my chosen map but I could now then go and format my sd card in the device.
    Now that my device was seeing a good clean sd card and I selected to install maps to the sd card I could then go and install the larger europe map I was needing.
    After the long download and install I then went back into my device via the my drive software to then uninstall the smaller New Zealand map that I no longer needed so it did what I needed to do.

I hope this helps anybody else if they come across this after the kind help from Vikram.

Thanks again for the quick response and resolving my issue.

Regards

John

Answers

• JohnlaughtJohnlaught Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Vikram

I just wanted to thank you for arranging this and update you how I got on.

I have finally got my tomtom back up and running again.

I did still however have another issue before getting it working that I wanted to share if anybody else struggles.

Due to the error message coming up on the screen the device will not let you do anything until the device has a map installed but this does cause a problem on this new update that is to large for your device so you have to get an sd card. I already had purchased a 16GB memory card but I was unable to get into the device to format the card due to no mapping on the device and not letting me do anything, this was a bit of a dilemma I had so luckily I had been assigned other maps of the world that was a lot smaller than the europe map I wanted and I knew this would then fit into my device rather than be to big for it.
    I then went ahead and downloaded the smaller mapping for New Zealand which once loaded it then let me get into the device as it was now recognising a map, granted it wasn't my chosen map but I could now then go and format my sd card in the device.
    Now that my device was seeing a good clean sd card and I selected to install maps to the sd card I could then go and install the larger europe map I was needing.
    After the long download and install I then went back into my device via the my drive software to then uninstall the smaller New Zealand map that I no longer needed so it did what I needed to do.

I hope this helps anybody else if they come across this after the kind help from Vikram.

Thanks again for the quick response and resolving my issue.

Regards

John