Why does the typeface appear so very small on Windows 10? — TomTom Community

Why does the typeface appear so very small on Windows 10?

riddim_rockerriddim_rocker Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
I recently replaced my old Dell laptop for a new XPS model. Since then, the MyDrive Connect typeface is absolutely minute making it very difficult to operate. I'm guessing this is a problem with Windows 10 rather than MyDrive Connect but has anyone else experienced this and, more importantly, fixed it?

Answers

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,814
    Superuser
    @riddim_rocker

After loading MyDriveConnect (MDC) click on the cogwheel top right, this will open the settings menu int the General tab try changing the "Graphics mode:" to see if that makes the display more readable (after Save settings)
  • riddim_rockerriddim_rocker Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    Thanks for your response Niall. I tried all three settings that appeared but it had no effect. However, on the final change, a popup suggested I needed a new version of MyDrive Connect and prompted me to download it which I did. It's still the same but now I don't have the choice of graphics settings!
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 685 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited August 2019
    Hi, @riddim_rocker

I've also recently bought a new Dell XPS - strangely, I'm NOT seeing the same problem!

Hence, do you know what Screen Resolution your XPS is set at (mine is 1920 x 1080)??

Hi John-Jay,

My resolution is set at 3840 x 2160 - which is the recommended setting. The scaling is set at 300% which is also the recommended setting.

Cheers,

Colin
    Hi again John-Jay,

I'm afraid there is no change so I'm guessing it must be related to the display settings on my XPS. I'll give it a go with the resolution you are running to see if that helps.

Cheers,

Colin
    It does appear larger at your resolution but the quality of the display is much poorer and the system prompts me to return to the higher, recommended resolution.

However, my biggest problem is that my Go 60 won't talk to My Drive long enough to update (see my other question about the cable!)

Thanks for your help!

Colin
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,509
    Superusers
    edited August 2019
    Hi

@riddim_rocker
    (Snip)However, my biggest problem is that my Go 60 won't talk to My Drive long enough to update (see my other question about the cable!)

See my reply to your other topic....

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,509
    Superusers
    Hi
    @riddim_rocker
    I recently replaced my old Dell laptop for a new XPS model. Since then, the MyDrive Connect typeface is absolutely minute making it very difficult to operate. I'm guessing this is a problem with Windows 10 rather than MyDrive Connect but has anyone else experienced this and, more importantly, fixed it?
    See... @LAURE123 's Post.....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1636903/#Comment_1636903

ATB YFM