Distances inaccurate — TomTom Community

Distances inaccurate

drsweetiedrsweetie Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited August 6 in TomTom Adventurer
I have had my watch almost 2 years and I am about to use it for a multi-day cross country hike. In the last month or so distances are longer accurate, adding about a 10-20%. I know this because others in my group get different mileage, and I also hike in the same places all the time that have not suddenly gotten longer. Also 1 place I hike has mileage signs, and if I stop for lunch it adds a 10th of a mile. Anyone know a fix for this, I would really like to know how far I have gone when I am hiking 15-20 miles a day on my trip.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,767 Superusers
    If you are refreshing the GPS data file every three days and getting a good lock before you start there is not much else to do other than a factory reset. it is an odd problem as GPS accuracy does not generally degrade over time, the chipset either works or it does not. Not much else to do considering TT Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and ceased all production and development and seriously curtailed support.
  • drsweetiedrsweetie Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I am not refreshing the GPS data file maybe that is the problem I will figure out how to do that thanks for the info I did not know about the going out of business
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,767 Superusers
    drsweetie wrote: »
    I am not refreshing the GPS data file maybe that is the problem I will figure out how to do that thanks for the info I did not know about the going out of business

You just need to sync the watch a minimum of every three days to update the GPS data.