Upgraded to a rider 550, still allot to wish for
I repalced my 400 with a 550. Main reason: speed of the device. Ever since I bought the rider 400 there are quite a few navigation features that I think are missing. Is there any chance of these things being added anytime soon? I will only consider using GPX tracks, ITN's just have to much issue's.
1. Start a route (or continue) a route from a manually chosen point.
2. Skip a certian section of the route (in case of road locks)
3. Display to original track (the one just before you push "drive" on screen together with the recalcualted track.
4. Auto record all drive tracks.
5. Add point of intrest to a track (like a lunch break, planned fuel stop) and show these on the route bar.
6. Full GPX track sync integration with MyRouteApp
To elaborate on 1 and 2. In case of a road block, most of the time I can handle this just be looking at the map anddrive around the road block. Ignore the rider for a while and wait until it picksup the route again. However, if I encounter a road block, I will have to stop to plan my route around it. This is a perfect time to give the rider some instructions. What I would like to do is: Add one or two waypoint to the route so I can plan a route from my current location, back to the route while avoiding the road block. Or even better, let me select the section of the route that is block, and have it calcualte a route around that section automatically. Or even better: if the rider know there is a road block make it plan a route around it automatically (just think on how to inform/present this to user).
I think the rider is easily the best motor cycle GPS device.? However, it is not even close to good enough.