How to recover activity that didn't sync? — TomTom Community

How to recover activity that didn't sync?

Laura LLaura L Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 5 in TomTom Adventurer
I recorded a 60+ km bike ride today, and when I connected the watch to the computer there was a message that something crashed. The ride didn't get added to TomTom Sports and does not appear on the list to 'try again'. I disconnected / reconnected the watch to the computer a few times, with no luck. Then I recorded a dummy activity, thinking it might 'push' syncing back again and sync everything, but no: it did sync my dummy activity, and still no sign of the bike ride.
I suppose the bike ride is still in the watch memory somewhere... how can I recover it?

Best Answers

Answers

• Laura LLaura L Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply tfarabaugh. I connect the watch directly to the computer, not using a phone or other device. I found the folders where ttbin files are kept, but there was none for that activity, so I gather it has been permanently lost :(

I recorded another activity today and it uploaded normally. Is this crash with data loss something common? Is it random? Likely to happen again? Anything I can do to prevent it in future?

Thank you