BT Earbuds complete battery drain — TomTom Community

BT Earbuds complete battery drain

WuNgUnWuNgUn Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 5 in TomTom Adventurer
The earbuds for my Adventurer no longer holds a charge...
I plug them in, charge til green led is lit, and make sure they are switched off...
Next day, they wont turn on because battery is dead.
Is there a fix? Reset? Firmware for the BT earbuds?
Thanx

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,770 Superusers
    There is no firmware for the earbuds. They have a very small battery that dies fairly quickly. I have found this with most BT headphones, when they get older they have a very rapid decline in battery strength. There is no fix, you just need to replace them.
  • WuNgUnWuNgUn Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    They're less than a year old...
    They still take over an hour to charge, so I'm thinking it isn't the battery.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,770 Superusers
    WuNgUn wrote: »
    They're less than a year old...
    They still take over an hour to charge, so I'm thinking it isn't the battery.

The time it takes to charge is irrelevant as it is not actually charging them. I think the warranty for accessories is six months but you can try Support and see what they will do (this is a user forum, not Support). To get in touch with Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Email Us (only available after hours) or Chat (only available in business hours in India). There is no longer phone support available for the sports lineup.