550 now replaced by TT, same issues! — TomTom Community

550 now replaced by TT, same issues!

Hamish_Z1000Hamish_Z1000 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]
edited August 2019 in RIDER
So TT agreed to replace my new 550 as I had 2 problems. First has the notorious Hoarse voice problem widely reported when using a lower quality connection to my Headset. Secondly, no Navigation commands heard when stream music from my phone using high quality A2DP connection.
New unit arrived 2 days ago, and it’s exactly the same.
I’m now awaiting a response from TT but think I’m f*cked.

Set up is 550 Rider, Cardo Freecom 2+, and iPhone 7. All on latest firmware..

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Secondly, no Navigation commands heard when stream music from my phone using high quality A2DP connection.
    This is 100% sure a headset problem. With most headsets only HSP has the highest priority.

The Hoarse voice problem is a iPhone integration problem. The iPhone keeps BT channel open and leaves not enough bandwidth free for a clear voice.
    With my Android phone I never had the Hoarse voice problem.

Because my headset interrupts the intercom I now use a cheap BT AD2P to FM transmitter. By tuning the radio from my headset to this channel navigation instructions don’t interrupt the intercom. This can be a solution for you too.
  • Hamish_Z1000Hamish_Z1000 Posts: 20 [Master Explorer]

Because my headset interrupts the intercom I now use a cheap BT AD2P to FM transmitter. By tuning the radio from my headset to this channel navigation instructions don’t interrupt the intercom. This can be a solution for you too.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I do not use the Intercom function as I'm a solo rider. Could you post a link for the BT AD2P to FM Transmitter you mentioned? Thanks.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    This is the BT AD2P to FM Transmitter that I use;
    https://aliexpress.com/item/32990521456.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dVDKVUL

Here you can see it mounted to my Bike (I 3D printed a mount (and rain-cover not on the pickture) for it)
    y60ra2144a6x.jpg

Note. You need a 12V to USB power adapter. It is not possible to use a powerbank this wil give you background noise.
  • rapiddaurapiddau Posts: 273 [Supreme Navigator]
    if read this post, i was a little bit confused...
    @hamish, this is a headsetproblem, did you connect the cardo support/forum? And ever read the f* cardomanual?
    I used a Headset Midland BTNext pro and BTX2pro. There is a function called backround, so i can hear music and navi, and it works well...