live traffic in Toronto not working ?

2»

Answers

  • elionuelionu Posts: 49 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    dhn wrote: »
    On the 520/620.

    Are you sure ? I looked around and it seems that the 5200 model has the internal sim card not the 520 model.
    https://www.techradar.com/reviews/tomtom-go-520
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    I believe the 520 also applies. The 5200 is not sold in North America. Call support for further information.
  • elionuelionu Posts: 49 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    dhn wrote: »
    I believe the 520 also applies. The 5200 is not sold in North America. Call support for further information.

    No you need a smartphone.

    the only one that has live traffic is 1525TM.

    Amazon has the 5200

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01KCRNCFK/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1K5HIEB14LSI3&psc=1

    but is too expensive
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    The 520 for North America is NOT the same as the 520 in Europe (which requires a smart phone).

    As I said, the 5200 is NOT sold in North America.

    Did support tell you differently?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,813 Superuser
    Hi

    When I look on the USA and Canada Websites the 520/620 both under say Lifetime Traffic via Smartphone??? Is that wrong then???

    Doug
  • elionuelionu Posts: 49 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi

    When I look on the USA and Canada Websites the 520/620 both under say Lifetime Traffic via Smartphone??? Is that wrong then???

    Doug

    I just asked on amazon and I will call the support for make sure

    I will let you know
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    I truly apologize! Senility or something has set in.

    Yes, the 520 requires a smartphone for traffic. Sorry.
  • elionuelionu Posts: 49 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    dhn wrote: »
    I truly apologize! Senility or something has set in.

    Yes, the 520 requires a smartphone for traffic. Sorry.

    No problem you have been a good support.

    I will let you know guys when my issue will be resolved ....if it will be
  • elionuelionu Posts: 49 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    dhn wrote: »
    I truly apologize! Senility or something has set in.

    Yes, the 520 requires a smartphone for traffic. Sorry.

    I do not understand NAV 3 what it is.

    Anyway do you know the model VIA 1525TM which NAV is ?

    I read that Tom Tom has problem with NAV 3 devices now.

    Thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online15

SammyPos
SammyPos
+14 Guests