When Will TomTom Issue a Map Update for Subaru In-Dash Units? — TomTom Community

When Will TomTom Issue a Map Update for Subaru In-Dash Units?

Steve_R.Steve_R. Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
edited July 29 in Built in car navigation
We have a 2019 Subaru Forester. It appears that the road base map is obsolete (dated 2017). When does TomTom typically issue map updates (for Subaru)?

Comments

• Steve_R.Steve_R. Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    edited July 30
    As an additional thought concerning how to update the Subaru maps to the in-dash navigation. Under "home" > "settings" > "map update" there is the following text:
    "Use the following code in the website to download maps and more."
    Regretfully, the screen does not display a URL for the website listed. So does anyone know what website the quote above refers too? Has anyone updated a map using the "code" displayed on the screen?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Steve

Did you visit this website-http://www.subarumapupdates.com/index-en-gb.html

I hope it helps.

Regards
    Vikram
    edited July 31
    That is the website I visited back in April that has the obsolete map. My post was unclear in that the screen that I was referring to was in the Subaru itself (the map navigation screen in the Subaru.)

Thanks for responding.
    Well, I received a response to my email to Subaru of America. Where the response was: "The map updates are released from the vendor when they are available." For maps that are two years out-of-date, that response is inadequate. The response was sent by:
    Martina Brown
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Retailer Services Department
    1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)

The mailing address for Subaru of America:
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    One Subaru Drive
    P.O. Box 9103
    Camden, NJ 08101
    Attn: Customer/Retailer Service
    Today, I received an email from Subaru that a map update was available. I installed it. At this time, since we have no trips planned, I can't say whether the update is good or bad, but it is an update.

What may be troubling, the car still shows that it is using a 2017 base map. The update that I just installed may update the road information to 2019. For example, if a new road was constructed in 2018, will it be shown with this update?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Steve

A new map should ideally have covered a road constructed in 2018.

The quarterly map updates provided by TomTom usually cover changes in a span of 6-9 months.

v10.30 is the current latest version. Which version do you have?

Regards
    Vikram
    The Subaru map version is: Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA.
    I don't think that follows the format that TomTom may use to label their map updates.