Download Western Europe map on GO 6200 — TomTom Community

Download Western Europe map on GO 6200

GingermacGingermac Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited July 29 in Map installation
I have recently purchased a second hand tomtom go 6200 and cannot download Western Europe map. Could this have anything to do with the old owner having a tomtom account connected to the SatNav?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,965 Superuser
    Hi @Gingermac

If you have obtained the unit second hand then you should do a Factory reset on the device.
    Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will delete all the data on the unit and any My Places , Poi and Route files on. it. The reset will not affect the maps on the unit or the version of the Software on it.

When you then set the unit up as you would new out of the box with Language , Wifi and your Tomtom Account Details etc then the unit will be registered to you .

If when you do that then there are still no maps available for download in Add a Map then contact Customer Support and get the account sorted . Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer. Once they sort the account at their end then if you do what they instruct you to do the maps should be available.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new#latest

Doug
  • GingermacGingermac Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for your response Doug. I have tried the above but this hasn't worked. When I go into Add a Map it just says Available Space. I will ask customer support for their help. Thanks again

Catherine