Why can’t I download full UK map? — TomTom Community

Why can’t I download full UK map?

Steve_Rose1Steve_Rose1 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
My TomTom app will only download North of England! No Wales Nothing south of Cheshire! Over a week now and I’ve already deleted app and reinstalled x2! Very annoying and makes the app not fit for purpose!

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @Steve_Rose1

Are the the Uk maps showing but not letting you download them? How much memory have you available for maps on your phone.

Doug
  • SuzieJSuzieJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi. I live in South London & want to travel to Grafham Water & have just discovered I only have UK South & no option to download the full UK map. Any idea what I should do? I have 53GB free on my phone. Thanks.
    Superuser
    Hi @SuzieJ

If you are not being offered the other UK maps to download then checked you are logged into your account on the App.

If you are then delete the App and then turn the Phone Off and On again and reload the App..

Doug
  • SuzieJSuzieJ Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just found it! Add maps. Europe. Great Britain & NI. Then download UK Central & UK North.

Foolishly when I initially looked through the Europe listing of countries I looked for UK. On slower search I found Great Britain.
  • Ted_EyersTed_Eyers Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Tom Tom are practically un contactable
    We have downloaded and installed all UK maps but only one of them shows.
    Your customer service isn’t just bad it is absolutely abysmally non-existent and you have to day cost yourself non-renewal of 15 accounts subscriptions through not offering customer service.
    We are now going to the App Store to find something better with Customer Service and then we will be deleting 15 apps
    And we are still waiting for the promised fix to strive by email by close today.
    If it doesn’t then we shall also recount today’s experience on trustpilot.
    Superuser
    Hi @Ted_Eyers

If you download the App when you are in the U.K. the only map that is downloaded is the U.K. region in which you are. You then have to go to Maps/Add then you can find and download the other 3 regions of the U.K. I would also recommend you download the Europe Ferry Connection file as it does not just include ferries but other water crossings as well.

Doug
    I have done that, downloaded them all, why are they not installed?
    I have deleted the app, reinstalled it, and downloaded the other maps to no ovail.

Why have your offshore chat people (Monica J) not sent the email they promised?

Why are you offering NO HELP WHAT SO EVER?
    Honestly mate. There are people all over the country with the same problem and not one iota of help from tomtom.

z1on63f10qlh.png
    akqjfc6lccwy.png
    Why is it so impossible to get in touch with one of your tech people who can sort this out or at very least give the impression that you’re aware of the issue and working on it…?

I’m sorry but I’ve had enough of being ignored and fended off with gibberish.

Tonight I’m writing a Trustpilot review and an App Store review.

People need to be made aware that go is limited and that they’ll get no help from you.
    Superuser
    edited June 12
    Hi @Ted_Eyers

It seems you think that this forum is directly linked to Tomtom Customer a support whereas it is a forum for users like me to try and help fellow users with their issues.

I can see from your post that you have the 4 U.K. maps downloaded. What are you trying to do that you say does not work. I would recommend that you also download the Europe Ferry Connections file as it does not just cover Ferry’s but other types of crossings can also need the file to enable some routing.

If you can indicate a Start and Finish so that I can see if I have a similar issue.

There has been no Phone line Customer Support since the start of the current situation however there are a Chat and Email facility which operates Mon/Fri normal working hours.

Doug
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,417
    Community Manager
    @Ted_Eyers
    If I look at your screenshots then the maps are installed. If you're referring to the Traffic coverage, what's displayed is limited to your area in the interest of keeping data traffic low. TomTom Services in the main menu and enable Online Routing, Traffic is considered beyond that area if you plan a route.

To check if all UK maps are installed, can you plan a route to for example Edinburgh?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0