New version of MapShare Reporter released — TomTom Community

New version of MapShare Reporter released

VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
edited July 25 in Map quality
Hello All,

MapShare Reporter with latest UI and map experience is launched on production last week successfully.

In this new version we have-
• More map space is available on the screen.
• Conveniently-located buttons that display speed cameras and restrictions.
• Report Type suggestions are based on the location that you click on the map.
• Interface compatible with desktops, mobile phones, etc.
• Developed using latest technologies for a rich and responsive user experience.
• Access to reports that you have created in the previous MSR version.

We rolled out this New MSR via a “Switch to New MAPSHARE ” link within existing MSR. Similar sort of link will be available on new version to go back on Classic MSR.

88toywtcpns1.png


The MapShare website will continue to provide the 2 UI options till we see most users having switched to the new user interface at which point the new version will completely replace the existing MSR.

Reports submitted via any of these versions will be considered as valid reports and will be combined in the backend.

Our customers will also be able to see them in my reports section.

Thank you..

- Vikram

Comments

  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    First thing that I've notice is that for BOTH versions, TomTom have reverted to calling various UK Main Roads by their so-called European "E-Numbers"!

    As an example, I note that the A1(M) is now predominantly referred to as "E15"!

    UK signs have NEVER been updated to this "E-Number" concept &, hence, using them is extremely unhelpful!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,189 Superuser
    edited July 26
    Hi @John-Jay

    Well spotted. I am glad I live beside the A2 as that seems to be okay.

    I would be running around for hours looking for signs with " E" numbers. =) =)

    Doug
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 26
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All,

    Reports submitted via any of these versions will be considered as valid reports and will be combined in the backend.

    Our customers will also be able to see them in my reports section.


    Under the "New-Version", of MapShare, I couldn't find any method of viewing recent Reports - these seem to be ONLY accessible via the "Old-Version"!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    edited July 26
    @John-Jay

    Thanks John :)

    You should be able to see them when you scroll the map to the location where the correction was reported.

    When on a random location on the map:

    9gzlyebiebj5.png


    When the map is close to the reported location:

    6u725uw1ldjd.png

    But I guess the team is planning an update for this in the next week(probably) so this gets simplified.

    Regards
    Vikram
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]

    VikramK wrote: »
    @John-Jay

    Thanks John :)

    You should be able to see them when you scroll the map to the location where the correction was reported.

    When on a random location on the map:

    9gzlyebiebj5.png


    When the map is close to the reported location:

    6u725uw1ldjd.png

    But I guess the team is planning an update for this in the next week(probably) so this gets simplified.

    Regards
    Vikram

    We must be looking at a totally different version!

    I DON'T get anything that is labelled "My Reports" - regardless of what I click on!

    As an example:-
    bhku62a3ejwg.png
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,831 Superusers
    Hi John, you first have to click the 'My Reports' button on the right side of the screen. See the screenshot below.

    htggs7qf12v6.png
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Megalos wrote: »
    Hi John, you first have to click the 'My Reports' button on the right side of the screen. See the screenshot below.

    htggs7qf12v6.png

    Ta!
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,139 Superusers
    It seems that when there are several directions of traffic in the same street (as in the image below) it is impossible to indicate it.


  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I'm glad to see you're developing after all.
  • Pete76Pete76 Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Anyone else getting 503 errors when trying to log in to Map Share Reporter?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,167 Superusers
    ok here
  • jackson_holejackson_hole Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
    How do I report roadworks and lane closures?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online4

kumo
kumo
+3 Guests