No USA map on My GO 520 — TomTom Community

No USA map on My GO 520

carobphcarobph Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited July 2019 in Map installation
Just bought my Go 520 with lifetime world maps and there is no USA map installed on it. It says it is updated and I cant find any means of installing it. It is no use to me without the USA map and I shall be returning it for a refund tomorrow if I cant find the solution.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,733
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @carobph

As you are in the UK and if you bought it here then the unit will have been supplied with the European Map as the only one preinstalled. If you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map

and there are no other World Maps listed and available for download then your account needs sorting. If so please come back here and confirm and then we can ask one of the mods to sort your account out.

If when you go to Add a Map and whilst many other maps are listed but the USA map is not there it may be because you will need to install a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32gb as the USA map and the European are too big to fit on the internal memory together.

In other words you will not have enough space on your unit to load the USA map without the memory card installed and then going into System in Settings and selecting Format the memory card as that will need to be done for it to be used for Maps.

Let us know how you get on.

Doug
  • carobphcarobph Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply.
    Going to Add a Map, I just get 'Available Space 5.92GB' and no other maps.
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,500
    Superusers
    Call the support ASAP.
    How do I contact support?
    Superuser
    Hi @carobph

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can sort your account tomorrow so keep an eye out here.

If they have not done so by midday if you are in a hurry then here is the customer support number. Don't answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug
    Thanks for your help.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,238 Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Hi @carobph

Welcome to the Community! At first, please install the latest navcore only on your device by going into Settings> Updates & New items.

Once the latest software is installed, go to Menu> Settings> Maps> Add a Map and see if the map list is displayed below 'Available Space 5.92GB' as shown in the picture here?
    qxwsgqo9ehco.png

Please make a factory reset on your device if it's not visible since I can see the latest world maps are waiting for you to download. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
    Superuser
    Hi @carobph

Don’t forget that once you have done the Navcore update then any other updates you are offered , all one at a time , you may need an extra memory card depending on which USA map you need to download.

Doug
    edited July 2019
    Have reset it and updated it. No countries appear below the 'Available space" on the Add a Map page or the Choose a Map page. I've only got Europe.
    edited July 2019
    Hi there,

As mentioned in the above reply, please download the the latest navcore (19.1) on your device first by going into Settings> Updates & New items. Once you do this then check the for map updates.

Your application version is way too old which might be a reason why there is not map list showing popping up. Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @carobph

Just to check. When Vikram said a Factory Reset he means

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This deletes all your data ie favourites (My Places) and Poi and Route files you have loaded via My Drive. and you will have to set the unit up again as you did when you got it out of the box.

If you go to the My Drive website https://mydrive.tomtom.com and log into your account you should see all the data and this will Sync back to your unit once you have done the Factory Reset.

The Reset does not affect the Maps or the software version on your unit.

Please let us know how you get on.

Doug
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,500
    Superusers
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

the latest navcore (19.102)

There is a new navcore?

miketorcy wrote: »
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

the latest navcore (19.102)

There is a new navcore?

Nope...typo error! Thanks for that :)
    Thanks everyone but I have returned it. Halfords are selling off ex-display stock that has been set up and run in the shop without registering them and the 90 day limits are all up. Seems there is no reliable way of resetting so that they can be used by a registered user further down the line. They are selling them very cheap....