How do I pick the navcore update first? — TomTom Community

How do I pick the navcore update first?

The update list mentions that the NAVCORE update should be done first. All items however are in grey so not accessible. When removing an old card and selecting a new card, there is no option to select the NAVCORE (first). Or does this happen automatically? In any case : the update gets downloaded to the computer but "some items" are always missing when transferring to the GO500 Device. Can you assist?

Best Answer

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @gert_1970

Welcome to the Community! There was no space on your device to install the latest navcore and hence it failed. I've now removed the old map on your device and to apply these changes please follow the steps in the link here: Re-downloading the maps

After re-connecting the device, please download them 1 at a time, not all together.Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)
    Thanks, lampard

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,406
    Superusers
    Hi
    @gert_1970

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are both force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

ATB YFM
  • gert_1970gert_1970 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried but failed ...
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @gert_1970

Welcome to the Community! There was no space on your device to install the latest navcore and hence it failed. I've now removed the old map on your device and to apply these changes please follow the steps in the link here: Re-downloading the maps

After re-connecting the device, please download them 1 at a time, not all together.Best order to update 1 by 1: (if offered)
    • QuickGPSfix / Navcore
    • Map
    • Speed Cameras
    • Voices
    • Mapshare update (recommended to update last)
    Thanks, lampard
  • gert_1970gert_1970 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Big thank you Lampard! Works perfectly!!
  • RerekeRereke Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I seem to have missed the weeknumber rollover now my tomtom only turns on for 20 seconds and displays a rotating arrow and then turns off?