GO Essential, doesn't take you to post code — TomTom Community

GO Essential, doesn't take you to post code

BingonigeBingonige Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
my device stops about half mile from the actual place i'm supposed to be delivering to, post codes are correct, is there a setting i'm missing or haven't set properly
thanks in advance

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,170
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Bingonige

If you know the number of the address put that after the Postcode then press search.

Rural areas are a nightmare really. I use the Mapcode App where rural areas are concerned. You can input the Postcode then with the map in Hybrid, ie satellite view you can move the cursor around and then when you have found the entrance of where you want you note the Mapcode you are give. You also get the Long?Lat and an address When you put the map ode into the Tomtom it will take you to the precise point which can almost specify a parking slot in a car park. If you enter DH.FX , include the full stop, in your search and accept the answer it will take you to the middle gat e at Buckingham Palace.

Doug

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Bingonige

Are you using Quick search (Default & the best) or the Awful Step by Step option in the setting menu ???
    Is it possible to give some examples ???

ATB YFM
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 685 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hi, @Bingonige ,

As "YFM" has suggested, some examples would be useful.

However, in my own experience, some Rural Post Codes DO cover a large area! One of the places that I visit, when I use the Post-Code (regardless of whether it is on TomTom or "A.N.Other" On-line Maps), it directs me to a place about a mile away from my actual destination!

• BingonigeBingonige Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    using the default (not changed anything) just put postcode in and the map comes up, but b4 u get to destination tomtom says u have arrived. this isn't for all but most times this happens
    ok thanks, just a little disappointed in this as my old tomtom usually took me very nearly to the place, rural or in a village and my phone maps takes me nearer than that. my job requires me to be more accurate than this, unless i can change a setting im going to have to return and find something more accurate
    prime example, where i live is a housing estate, all my other devises with maps takes my post code to my door, tomtom states i'm 40 metres away! from Horncastle to Yorkshire how am i ever going to find a rural address. and yes all the addresses i need are rural as i deliver liquid fertiliser.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,170
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Bingonige

If you know the number of the address put that after the Postcode then press search.

Rural areas are a nightmare really. I use the Mapcode App where rural areas are concerned. You can input the Postcode then with the map in Hybrid, ie satellite view you can move the cursor around and then when you have found the entrance of where you want you note the Mapcode you are give. You also get the Long?Lat and an address When you put the map ode into the Tomtom it will take you to the precise point which can almost specify a parking slot in a car park. If you enter DH.FX , include the full stop, in your search and accept the answer it will take you to the middle gat e at Buckingham Palace.

Doug
  • Lotus762Lotus762 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I’ve found that the locations seem to have shifted in the past year. I visit clients using the mobile app. In the past it’s taken me bravery close to the location. Now it places me about 800m or more away. It doesn’t matter if it’s rural or urban.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    edited September 2019
    Hi
    @Lotus762

Lampard (Moderator) has forwarded the bug/error to the product team I guess we will know more when they have checked out the report....

In the meantime, It looks like a planning error on the Phone Apps
    The PND SatNav devices seem OK...

Maybe useful on the App... For a Workaround try....
    (1)...Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search
    (2)... Enter Postcode... For example PR50JE
    (3)... Tap on the offered address
    (4)... Tap Show on Map
    (5) ... See Screen grab....

z6nl6gop5fkq.jpg

The quick Menu Updates/Flashes
    Tap ( Drive )... Route plans to the correct location....

1a7ymg8wccak.jpg

for more Info see this thread...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115321/uk-postcode-accuracy/p1

ATB YFM