Does TomTom have a fault page? — TomTom Community

Does TomTom have a fault page?

RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
This morning, my complete ride, from 08:00 to 08:45 the TomTom GO Navigation app was not able to connect to the TomTom services. In the Netherlands it is now Holiday season so there were no traffic jams at all, but nevertheless I like seeing everything is working well.
Are there any issues known?
Does TomTom have a certain fault page where malfunctions can be found and/or be reported?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @RicoK

The Tomtom servers have been down since yesterday and the Traffic was not available. Early this morning Traffic was working on my App but is off again now so I assume this is part of the server problems.

Doug
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited July 2019
    Hello @DougLap Thanks for your reply.
    Server problems? Where can these be found?
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @RicoK

This is a customer based forum and the handful of Mods who work on it work Monday to Friday like most of us where not retired.

They have this morning lumped all the "Whats happening , What can't I ' posts in to one and one of the last posts is from @VikramK who is one of the mods He has stated they are working on the problem. When he says they he does not mean himself but the technicians wherever they are whom he will have to get in touch with to find out what is happening.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115892/mydrive-connect-server-error-503-guru-meditation-xid-1358702099-varnish-cache-server#latest

Hopefully they sort it soon.

Doug
    Thanks again @DougLap !!

However, I was wondering if TomTom is communicating these kind of issues and faults through a fault page with some status information. That would be very helpfull and prevents a forum like this from exploding. ;)
    Superuser
    Hi @RicoK

Not that I am aware of.

Doug
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 377 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I've found that Traffic on GO Navigation iOS hasn't been working today and I think that it wasn't working yesterday either.

Is this likely to be a server issue? If so, why is it taking so long to resolve? Does TomTom not have 24/7 monitoring of Traffic data as well as 24/7 engineer coverage, and multiple mirror server systems to switch to in case one system fails?

Regards,
    Superuser
    Hi @PrivateerUK

Has worked very occasionally this morning but seems to be working on my App at the moment. The Tomtom Servers have been down but the Traffic seems to be up and running again. and MyDrive Connect software is not.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

Thanks for the information. I've just checked my GO Navigation app and its traffic is not working.

This may be affecting individuals differently!

Regards,
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    Traffic on mine still not working either. If I remember correctly the same thing happened just over 2 weeks ago on a busy Friday afternoon
    Traffic/Live Services on mine is also still not working in the surroundings of Amsterdam (if this does matter...)
    Superuser
    Hi @PrivateerUK

Off on mine now.

Doug
    For the Dutch TomTom users:
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    Seems to be up and running now
    Yes, mine too! =)
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,883
    Superuser
    @VikramK @Justyna

Is it not time that TomTom had a proper server status site that indicated the status, on each continent, of their
    • Traffic server
    • Map update server(s)
    • Software release server

I raised this a couple of years ago, but it has still to be implemented :(
    My traffic (GO iOS) seems to be working today.

Still no update from TomTom.

Did it really take somebody from TomTom 48 hours to just "switch off the server and switch it back on" =)

Regards,