MyDrive Connect Server error 503 guru meditation: XID: 1358702099, varnish cache server

DeathsHeadDeathsHead Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited July 22 in MyDrive Connect
I am experiencing this 503 'Varnish cache server' error as well. Just occurred today. :(

Thanks
DeathsHead

Comments

• PalwingPalwing Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 21
    Haven't used my Go 1000 Live for a while and had to do a long trip recently. Paid for Live Traffic update and "eventually" got it working by resetting the SatNav, Then found that it was running slow plus couldn't find the Satellites. Searched here and found it was due to the 19yr GPS Week Number Date Rollover. So installed My Drive Connect in order to do an update on my Windows 10 PC and ...that's when it became REALLY frustrating!

My Drive connect just does not want to play! First it says "Server is Busy, try again or restart MyDrive". If it does eventually connect, it then comes up with Error 503 Service Unavailable - Guru Meditation XID: 819843941 - Varnish cache server???!!! Then, if it eventually and rarely manages to get past that, it shows I have 4 updates to install...then bombs out saying "No Internet Connection" REALLY? How the hell am I posting this then?

I have disabled my AVG antivirus software and Windows Defender Firewall. My PC is naked! No My Drive doesn't even want to start. I have rebooted too. SSDD.....Heap of crap and waste of money?

HELP!!!
  • The_hedge_fairy4The_hedge_fairy4 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    older desktop won't let me login, downloaded my drive on laptop-same problem - does not recognise password and link ends up with "Guru Meditation:

XID: 1962321004" on screen.
  • Godfrey_bunce1Godfrey_bunce1 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    When I get to login screen I enter details and then log in and it then says ERROR 503 SERVICEUNAVAILABLE, has been like this for more than 3 hours.
    Have done as suggested on tomtom site, cleared downloads, reinstalled prog etc etc.
  • kamranshahidkamranshahid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    any tips- trying t connect tom tom go 6000 to my MacBook air- how do i update my lifetime freee maps
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    HI @DeathsHead

I am getting a Servers busy message so either the servers gone down or there may be some work being done on it.

Will try later

Doug
  • jamesstock1977jamesstock1977 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    like many other posters on the forum..i cant log into mydrive and im getting the same error status., is there any official tom tom people on this forum that can advise why so many people now have dead sat navs devices ?? and does this company plan to make an official anouncement on the website to advise customers when they will be planning to fix the obvious server/system problem... many people need to use there devices for work etc etc ..to earn money to buy new products from "tom tom " perhaps. come on tom tom big company made popular by customer purchases.....be fair .sort this fast or advise people in the right way :angry:
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,765 Superusers
    Hi
    @kamranshahid

Looks like the Tomtom Servers are down
    Probably have to wait until Monday

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Looks like the servers may be down.

Doug
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    Looks like the servers are down

Doug
  • lyndon666lyndon666 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    any idea when the servers will be back up?
    I've been trying to find a server status, but found nothing.

my tomtom has no maps on it due to issues over the past few days, and i need it early in the morning

thanks

lyndon
  • LeihcimLeihcim Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same here, servers are busy MyDrive says. Not clear what the status is at TomTom with these servers. A pity they have no information on this.
  • snake666snake666 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]

good morning
    from this morning i can't log in in my drive conect...server are OUT....
    I rerestart the app several times...nothing!
    I reinstalled the application several times...nothing!!!
    App writes: ERROR 503 ....
    what can i do?
  • CylienaCyliena Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Good morning,
    I'm having the same issue:
    Error 503
    Service Unavailable
    Guru Meditation:
    XID: 824158551
    Varnish cache server

Maybe there's a maintenance or something like that?
  • muzza_70muzza_70 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Same issue both mac and windows will never get another TomTom product completely worthless
  • mnicholamnichola Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Mydrive connect is a terrible solution, I don't know if all the errors are down to TomTom not being able to write software for a Mac or the servers actually being down. The level of information on this website does not help, and there are so many errors on the client end it is hard to know which one to trust.
  • snake666snake666 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I hope....
    I'm planning a trip and I need the app to load the route on the tomtom
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 27 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Not had any problems up until today. Can't access Home or MyDrive Connect so could be a one off major fault today.
  • jamesstock1977jamesstock1977 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think with a company this popular and extensive, based upon people like myself and other people affected. who have purchased products from tom tom. that they then dont even have the good manners to publicly advise the customers that there is a masive problem with the update servers and the ability to update software ,and use the product they bought in good faith , utter discusting shame on you tom tom . everyone should demand that this be fixed today and after that sell all the tom tom units on ebay for scrap and buy a good unit from an honest company. i will add that i bought my first sat nav from tom tom when they first came onto the market, and have upgraded with tom tom many times since .. but after this weekend of problems ...im think i will have to find a new company .
  • kamranshahidkamranshahid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks. will wait till monday
  • aleeza06aleeza06 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    me as well cannot update i think there must be a fault from tomtom as always no information from tomtom which is not good from such a large company i am going to buy a garmin tomorrow much more reliable so dissappointed with tomtom
  • JuleshJulesh Posts: 0 [New Traveler]
    I'm unable to get a valid GPS signal on my Tom Tom Start 20. It seems that I need to do an update on My Drive Connect, however I keep getting the message that the servers are all busy and If I do manage to get to the login box, I have the error message 503. Does anyone know if there is a problem with the site and when it will be fixed or if I can update my device without it? Many thanks.
  • corsurcorsur Posts: 19 [Master Traveler]
    First its say servers busy Now I get when i log in Internal error write with a referance #4.7e88655f.1563724193.1db2f0c9
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,765 Superusers
    Hi
    @Julesh

ATB YFM

ATB YFM

As recommended, emptied download folder in settings but this made no difference.

Then uninstalled MyDrive Connect & reinstalled but still the problem persists.

What do you suggest now TomTom??
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online43

Elchdoktor
Elchdoktor
RaiLux
RaiLux
Sabre5359
Sabre5359
+40 Guests