i can only select language and then when i get to "choose a country"
there are no countries to choose from
cannot proceed from this step
please assist

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    Hi @imtiaz7

Can you get this to work. The 3 taps is the tricky bit right.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • imtiaz7imtiaz7 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    thanks doug
    must have tried that 10 times already,
    even tried to change laptops

it brings back to the same screen
    after i select the language,
    it takes me to the screen to choose country
    and there are NO options to choose from.

after i connect to the laptop, it does say fixing the tomtom
    and takes more than 40 min to update the software,
    then back to square one...

can anyone assist me to explain how do i load the maps on it?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,888
    Superuser
    Hi @imtiaz7

Maybe @vikram or @lampard can help you tomorrow. Hopefully by then the servers are up and running again.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,406
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @imtiaz7
    I had a similar problem. The "Select a Country" screen should be called "Select a Map".
    It's possible you don't have any maps installed on your device, which is why you don't see any "Countries" to choose from.
    Check your device content/maps on line, then download and/or update. Maps should then appear as option(s) on "Select a Country" screen on your device.
    You may not have room for a full Europe map on your device, in which case use a UK map to start up the device, then format a memory card from the Settings menu to load additional maps.
    See... This thread
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1644346/#Comment_1644346

On the early NAV4 devices you were allowed ONE Lifetime pre-installed Map... The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB and wont fit....
    You need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)
    You will now have to wait until Monday... Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocated a small Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' (Don't remove the small Map)... The Small Map it will enable the device to keep running and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

Edit... If you wish to just stick with using the internal memory Instead of using a Micro USB Card
    Tomtom have released the Europe map in different Map Cuts (Map zones)... Will any of these new Maps suit your travel requirements ???
    More information Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1660206/#Comment_1660206
    ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,893 Moderator
    Hi @imtiaz7

Could you send me the serial number of your GO 50 device please?

Thanks
    Vikram