Double error: No maps / No card
0. few days ago, *while on the road and using it*, my TomTom 5000 stopped working with error "No Maps Available". I tried to update, but:
1. When connecting to MyDrive Connect, it showed "no card" - although a MicroSD was inside.
2. No maps can be installed on the device itself, because there is no space (map 8700 Mb > available space 6489 Mb).
3. I thought the MicroSD card could be a problem, so i just got a new one (quicker, new generation etc.) and had it formatted Ex-FAT, as guided by TomTom website. Of course it doesn't work.
4. Alternative solution from TomTom: format the card from the device itself. [Einstellungen > System > Speicherkarte formatieren und KARTE FORMATIEREN.] But i can't access *any* menu on the device - all i can see is the error message "No Maps Available - Reinstall a map you already own or go to the TomTom shop to buy a map."
5. ...Which brings me to Step 0.
Therefore: would you please guide me re. how to install the updated map on the microSD card?
Thanks and Cheers,