TOMTOM Rider 400 - It was repaired by Tomtom and now will not update. It just goes into a "loop" — TomTom Community

TOMTOM Rider 400 - It was repaired by Tomtom and now will not update. It just goes into a "loop"

Bindatek01Bindatek01 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
of continuous updating. I tried contacting Tomtom and just get ridiculous suggestions like leave the GPS connected to the computer. Then I see that there is a WARNING on the Tomtom site itself that there are updating problems. It has been like that for at least two months - Tomtom are selling RUBBISH, talking RUBBISH are rubbish

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @Bindatek01

Hi
    @mbus

Did you Clear the MyDrive Connect Cache ???
    The MDC Cache is deleted Manually, the cache does not Auto delete... At 9.13GB for the Full Europe Map... Each download soon mounts up

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the Downloads Tab
    Empty download folder
    Save settings

Also if you don't clear the MyDrive Cache ??? You will only re-install any corrupt Map in the Cache again....
    instead if a Fresh Downloaded & Installed Map

Or

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect, I delete the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in MyDrive Connect Program...

Using the latest MyDrive Connect on the NAV4 Devices like your Start 25 you can Stop the Download to MyDrive Connect you can't Stop or Clear an Update Queue

But you can Delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders in the MyDrive Connect Program and force a reload of the Cache Data

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnecting the Rider 400 from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    (7)…Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect... You will have to login as if MyDrive Connect was a fresh install... And hopefully all should be well

ATB YFM