Is there a .zip file for the TomTom XL 340S containing files from the factory? — TomTom Community

Is there a .zip file for the TomTom XL 340S containing files from the factory?

I think "little fingers" playing on the computer deleted a necessary file from my TomTom 340 XL and now the device will not boot, nor connect to the internet to do updates. It connects to the computer, and you can see the files in the directory... but it will not boot. I tried the factory reset... hold the power button until it goes to the boot text screen, and then quickly hit the power button three times... but... nothing. If there were files in a .zip, maybe I could copy them over and get back to the point where I can get the device running, updated again. Thanks for any help! (Running a Mac, using HOME)

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    You should be able to connect to HOME and it should offer an application for your device. The 3-hit of the power button doesn't work for that older model.
  • rwsunderrwsunder Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am not able to get the XL 340S to connect to home. Even without hitting the power button three times quickly, HOME still reports "no device connected". Any other suggestions? Thank you for your time.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers