Ireland update? — TomTom Community

Ireland update?

BarbadellaBarbadella Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Is there an update available for Ireland?

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,090 Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Barbadella

The map update service (of UK&ROI map) on your device is expired. And the map active on your account is version 10.00, so you may need renew the map update service to get the latest map 10.30 on your Carminat device.

Regards, lampard
  • BarbadellaBarbadella Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Lampard, but that doesn't answer the question. Last time I bought an update there was practically nothing for Ireland - I have no desire to repeat the experience. Why should I buy something which is of no use to me? Will I get a refund if I buy another one to find nothing new for Ireland? So - does the currently available update include new information for Ireland, or not? Thank you.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,090 Moderator
    Hi @Barbadella

What kind of new information you're seeking to find in the latest Ireland map? Is there any particular streets or area is missing? Please specify and me/someone else here can check that out for you.

Regards, lampard
  • BarbadellaBarbadella Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks lampard. We have new housing estates, new roads and new bridges. Crucially, we now have postcodes (eircode) which is the main thing I need.
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Barbadella wrote: »
    Thanks lampard. We have new housing estates, new roads and new bridges. Crucially, we now have postcodes (eircode) which is the main thing I need.

Like Lampard said, quote an address which isn't shown on your map (which is 18 months out of date - there have been SIX updates issued for UK&ROI map later than yours) or a postcode (eircode) then some of us who HAVE updated our maps can see whether they show on the latest one.

I don't live in Eire and I don't think Lampard does either. I am sure that the pedantically accurate answer to your question "does the currently available update include new information for Ireland, or not?" would be "Yes it does" by comparison to the ancient one you are using. But what you really want to know is if it's USEFUL new information.