Alternative_voices — TomTom Community

Alternative_voices

Just upgraded from a very old one series. I was hoping to get some alternative voices (namely Homer / Darth Vader and Ozzy Osbourne). Selection on the site seems more limited than it used to be. Is there anywhere else I can get them or are they likely to come back? Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, looked but couldn't find it

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,884
    Superuser
    Hi @Del52

Maybe @VikramK can advise whether or not any of the voices you mention have a version that is compatible with you new unit which I assume from your profile is a Start 52.

If there are any then he will allocate them to your account which is the only way voices can be added to the list that comes with a Tomtom unit.

Doug
  • Del52Del52 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug............I will try that. Appreciate the help
  • Del52Del52 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram. That's really kind of you. Do you thin the other voices may come back?
  • CannuckDriverCannuckDriver Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had a similar issue as Del52, but I have a Start 25 which froze up and required a factory reset and to update again to resolve it. That took care of the problem, but I also had the Homer Simpson voice which I had previously ordered & installed. When I reset it the voice add-ons were lost and no longer in my profile to download them again. I had a few others I purchased, but I really liked the Homer Simpson one, and if at all possible, could I get the Burt Reynolds to replace the others I lost? Thanks for your help.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,085 Moderator
    Hi @CannuckDriver

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately, Burt Reynold's voice is not available anymore.

Homer (meters version) And Happy Holly (Yards version) voice is already installed on your device. You can select them on your device by tapping Settings > Voices > Change voice and then tap the voice you want to use.

Regards, lampard
  • CannuckDriverCannuckDriver Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks so much for your help, found it and have my device back to the way I like it. You guys are awesome!