My sound has stopped working on voice Jane, tried other voice , nothing. How can I find sound? — TomTom Community

My sound has stopped working on voice Jane, tried other voice , nothing. How can I find sound?

Quincehouse_5344Quincehouse_5344 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
edited July 2019 in Built in car navigation
I have tried settings but cannot see what to do.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @Quincehouse_5344

Which device model do you have? I don't find a device linked to your account.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Quincehouse_5344Quincehouse_5344 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    It is a dash built in to my SsangYong Rexton 2018 new model. I cannot find it on Tom Tom website and I can find no way of contacting them. It is a Y400-MX6 DQ,
    Ap version 2855254, Nav Kit 15.43.2855225.40687
    Thank you, if you can help I would be very grateful or anybody else who can see this on forum, as a 75 year old Luddite I do not know where to go.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,872
    Superuser
    Hi @Quincehouse_5344

Looking at a picture of a Satnav on your vehicle it looks very much like it works the same way as a standard Tomtom.

If so check the following. When you tap the Dots bottom Left do you get a Speaker icon bottom Left and has it got a line through it if so tap it, Is the Sound bar showing on and is there a Icon of a face far right and has it got a line through it if so Tap it.

Hope this helps.

Doug
    No, I have a sat nav also Tom I use in my classic car and that is exactly as you say, but nothing like that is showing on my in built one, I think it was there once but my memory may be confusing it with the classic car one.
    It has been working for 15 months, no problems at all. I am mystified. Thank you for your help.
    Superuser
    Hi @Quincehouse_5344

Okay. What happens sometimes is that people press the Dots or Menu button bottom left and leave their finger there and when the next screen comes up their finger is on the Speaker icon and so accidentally turn the speaker off.

Sorry can't help any more.

Doug
    Thank you, but if that is so how does one turn it on again?
    Superuser
    Hi @Quincehouse_5344

If the icon has a line through it just tap the icon and the line disappears and the speaker is reactivated.

Good luck

Doug
    Hi Doug,
    Thank you but there is no icon, I wish there were!
    Thank you anyway
    Nick
    Please help Vikram, I have commented on your page.