No more updates from speed camera's for Go 6200! After update?

George from AntwGeorge from Antw Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited July 18 in Speed Cameras
hi all,
Since the last major update in May / June, I no longer receive updates for speed cameras .... Updates for maps-hare are ok.
During that update I was troubled by a power failure and afterwards I had to download the full map of Europe again ... apparently there was no longer a map according to the GO 6200?
Now I notice that in the last few weeks there are never any updates for speed cameras there ??? I also had to connect the Go 6200 to Mydrive afterwards ... it also seems that the power failure problem had also canceled me from Mydrive?
I see that everything is connected, such as WiFi, Traffic and Mydrive on the Go 6200 ... but no speed cameras update
Thanks in advance for your help :)
George

ps. noticing this problem so late? Is due to the fact that there was a long holiday in between...

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,819 Superuser
    edited July 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @George from Antw

There have been problems with the Tomtom servers since yesterday and they have advised they are trying to sort them out at the moment.

Doug
  • George from AntwGeorge from Antw Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    Thx BrianE,
    Here in Belgium we have still problems.... it shows up on there site at this moment.
    Still waiting full of patience ;)
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @George from Antw

Here are the Customer Support numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new#latest

Do not answer questions but wait for an agent to answer you .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    edited July 23 Accepted Answer
    Hi George

Those were the pushed updates for the speed cameras.

Guess your device was connected to a WiFi internet.

I can confirm you have the latest updates which were released on 18th July 2019.

The next release should be today(Speed Camera alerts are released twice every week- Tuesday and Thursday)

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.

Answers

DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @George from Antw

I would do a factory reset if that was happening on my unit and if that does not sort it report back here.

Doug

Hey DougLap.
    Thx for your answer, I did your suggestion yesterday late...
    And all that worked but that did not give me a speed camera update ... just an update of the share folder.
    I tried again this afternoon, again nothing!
    I'm going to reset it again, you never know.
    Other suggestions?
    Kind regards,
    George
    Ok, I will try it for a few days and then I report this on the TT customer service!

Big thx to you both =)
    edited July 22
    Hi Vikram, Douglap
    Could it be that a connection at Tomtom itself is why I no longer receive a speed camera update?

Apparently I can log in via the computer to the website of TT or MyDrive route planner, but once I want to see my profile or products I always get an error, even when I try with the iPhone or iPad ...

Even when trying to discard or add a card, I get a text ...... you can buy them at ..... this is very strange for a TT Go 6200 device?

Like I mentioned in this post, I did a second reset for sure ... and now I can't even log in to TT for MyDrive with the device :s

Any help / info with this?
    Kind regards,
    George
    edited July 22 Accepted Answer
    Hi @George from Antw

There have been problems with the Tomtom servers since yesterday and they have advised they are trying to sort them out at the moment.

Doug
    thx again Douglap :) B)
    Accepted Answer
    Thx BrianE,
    Here in Belgium we have still problems.... it shows up on there site at this moment.
    Still waiting full of patience ;)
    I wil try... got just connection... working very careful now! Got the map share update now... soft reset... and no speed camera update.
    Ok, now I will contact TT costumer service.
    Thank you all B)
    George
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @George from Antw

Here are the Customer Support numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new#latest

Do not answer questions but wait for an agent to answer you .

Doug
    @VikramK, =)
    This morning, I started up and wanted to check the possible updates and immediately got an update without being able to see what or which update ... I then did the soft reset, only to see that the TT is up to date ... no speed cameras.
    Kind regards,
    George
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    edited July 23 Accepted Answer
    Hi George

Those were the pushed updates for the speed cameras.

Guess your device was connected to a WiFi internet.

I can confirm you have the latest updates which were released on 18th July 2019.

The next release should be today(Speed Camera alerts are released twice every week- Tuesday and Thursday)

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    @VikramK, You are super B) Thx =)

Yep correct, connected to the Wifi, I'm looking forward to this evening for a possible speed camera update.
    Regards,
    George
  • GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 63 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited July 23
    Wow. That was quick. I do soft reset and some updates came but I didn't see what it was. For me now... only new map is available to download but maybe new speed camera updates are already installed.
    Best regards.
    @VikramK @Gazibarev,

Tried it at 17h. (Brussels time) check and got direct an speed camera update =) So it seems to work =)
    big thx VikramK B)
    Kind regards to you all,
    George