Family Sharing on GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

Family Sharing on GO Navigation App

HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 28 [Apprentice Traveler]
I signed in and purchased this app on my iPhone with my "MyDrive" username and password.

How does my wife sign in? We tried her "MyDrive" creds but that doesn't work.

Does she have to use my info and share my "MyDrive" account?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• HerbaldewHerbaldew Posts: 28 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK, no answer ... how about this:

Is this app actually shareable?

When my wife tries to log in using my user/pass it says there is no subscription associated with this account, though I am signed in to it fine on my phone.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Herbaldew

Have you set up family Share indicating the up to 5 people you consider in the family?

Doug
    Thanks for the input. Yes - all set up and the previous app worked for us both.

Since that above post, I have chatted with TomTom and Apple support.

The app can be shared but not the subscription. That is not only dumb IMO but listing as a family sharable app is near to false advertising. You can family share a free app? Really?

The only thing this app does for free is ask you to either sign in or pay for a subscription - I think Apple should remove the family sharing designation so it doesn't appear that your family share members can actually use the app without paying for an additional subscription.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    Hi there,

Apple recently announced that App Store subscriptions (like GO Navigation subscriptions) can be shared in Family Sharing groups with iOS 14. We wanted to let you know that we plan to implement this functionality as soon as iOS 14 is available. For more information please visit https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14-preview/features/

Regards, lampard
    edited June 23
    i2h8h4btx9wn.jpg
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 64 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Apple recently announced that App Store subscriptions (like GO Navigation subscriptions) can be shared in Family Sharing groups with iOS 14. We wanted to let you know that we plan to implement this functionality as soon as iOS 14 is available. For more information please visit https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-14-preview/features/

Regards, lampard

Nice, very nice!! B)