“Traffic” doesn’t work and Lifetime “Safety Camera Updates” expiring — TomTom Community

“Traffic” doesn’t work and Lifetime “Safety Camera Updates” expiring

tnalvestnalves Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

Although I followed all the advices, "Traffic" doesn’t work on my new Tomtom GO Premium X.

Soft reset, hard reset (System/Reset Device), even tried to use another Tomtom account without success.

Although “Traffic” is "Activated" in System/About I have the message:

"TomTom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Another problem, which may be related, is that the "Safety Camera Updates" display the "Expires Soon" warning. The date presented is 14/07/2019. Being a lifetime service, this doesn’t make sense.

Tomtom Moderators, or anyone, can please help me with these two questions?

I opened a ticket with the Portuguese support but after a week still no answer.

Thank you
--
tnalves

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,775
    Superusers
    Hi
    @tnalves

Are you at home ???
    Your Wi-fi will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

If you Tap the 4Dot(…. Menu) --Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down
    Your Data Connection will show... Data Connection 'Wi-fi'

You can
    (1)… Forget the Wi-fi on the device....
    You can't actually turnoff the Wi-Fi but you can forget it, the device will still be monitoring for a Wi-Fi service but not connecting

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Tap on your Wi-Fi's Name (Screen top left)
    Tap Modify --> Forget
    Follow on-screen instructions to finish

Log back into the Wi-fi after setting seeing your GPRS (SIM) Connection

(2)... Move out of Range of your Wi--Fi the GPRS (SIM) will take priority for the connection to Tomtom Services & Live Traffic

ATB YFM
  • tnalvestnalves Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @YamFazMan

Thank you for the help but the problem doesn't seem to be the connection.
    I tested over WIFI and GPRS.

GPRS status is "Connect" and "MyDrive" syncs without any issue.

Even after a 2 hours trip "Traffic" still doesn't work.
    On my GO 6000 traffic works.

--
    tnalves
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @tnalves

You will Have to wait untill Monday... Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the forum Moderators will check the status of your account
    OR
    Phone Tomtom Support Portugal
    De Segunda a Sexta: das 08.00 às 16.30

ATB YFM
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,914 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @tnalves

Welcome to the Community! I've added the correct subscriptions on your device, Please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Regards, lampard
  • tnalvestnalves Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]

Thank you @lampard!
    It's working!
  • septor007septor007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have the same problem !
    Superusers
    Hi
    @eptor007

You may have to wait until the Moderators @VikramK @ @lampard return Tomorrow

ATB YFM

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,486 Moderator
    edited July 2019
    @septor007

Subscriptions fixed. Just do a soft reset and it should be up and running.

Regards
    Vikram
  • septor007septor007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks is working again thank jou very mutsh
  • CrmxCrmx Posts: 15 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have the same issue - Rider 550 saying traffic and speed camera ipdztes will expire soon. @VikramK and @lampard , think you could sort me out as well?
    Hi @Crmx

Welcome to the Community! I've fixed subscriptions on your device, Please make a factory reset on your device and then activate the services to apply the changes.

Regards, lampard
  • ICF9ICF9 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also have the same problem on my newly purchased premium x

Although “Traffic” is "Activated" in System menu

"TomTom services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Regards
    ICF9
    Hi @ICF9

Welcome to the Community! Can you make a soft reset on your device and try again to activate the services by login on your GO Premium?

Regards, lampard
    I have tried many soft resets (drum roll sound ) and a hard reset back to factory settings

Thanks for your help
    Came home from work turned my Go Premium and Traffic is now working.
    Thanks lampard your a Genius =)
  • davidwilldavidwill Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    edited November 2019
    I have a similar issue with my tomtom go 5200 wifi worldmaps i am currently in the usa and the sim does not work at all which is very disappointing, on top of that for about 2 days i managed to use my bluetooth connection to get traffic services working but now this has stopped. My traffic service is activated in my tomtom but in mydrive my expiry date has changed to unavailable. So now i have no traffic service again. What is happening at tomtom i have been asking for help for over a week now and am getting no-where i have had to use waze instead. I feel like i have waisted my money on what was tomtoms flagship device. I have tried hard and soft resets uninstalling and reinstalling mydrive etc it is as if tomtom has deactivated my services. I have also made sure my wifi is off.

Any help would be appreciated it would be a shame to have to bin a brand new tomtom satnav but at the minute it is useless to me if none of its main functions work.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,425
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @davidwill

The Traffic service is only supposed to be available on a GO5200, or any other model, in the region within which the device is purchased. Assuming you purchased your unit in the U.K. that means you will get the service in Europe.

You mentioned you got the service via Bluetooth for a while, if your phone can be used as a hotspot have you tried that by linking it via its Wifi facility.

Doug
  • davidwilldavidwill Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    edited November 2019
    bxcq4ytxcf0s.jpg
    I asked someone at tomtom to refresh my account again and this morning my traffic and camera service is working again via bluetooth. It must be an issue on tomtoms side. 50njbrpeq7ku.jpg
    1nlkdhc77sb1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0