Carplay display — TomTom Community

Carplay display

CromiumCromium Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
The Carplay feature is very welcome and works well, but why is some of the information on the phone display not shown on the car display? Information such as the right hand progress bar showing traffic, petrol stations, roadworks, cameras etc. Also it doesn't show current speed, only the speed limit. Are these features in development?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,639
    Superuser
    Hi @Cromium

The templates that Apple dictate for CarPlay to be based on does not include one that enables the Route Bar etc, which you can see on the phone display, to be displayed on the CarPlay screen. There are suggestions that there may be more CarPlay features in Apples next update but meanwhile Tomtom say they are looking at the best ways to display the route bar features.

Doug
  • CromiumCromium Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you @DougLap. I am happy that I can finally use Carplay, just a shame I need to have my phone display on too. Great to hear that the features are being worked on.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,639
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Cromium

If you set the Voice to a Computer voice like Serena or Malcolm in Europe then set Read Aloud in Sounds and Warnings and set the various options that gives you then you will be told in advance of cameras etc and for example for an Average speed Zone you are advised in advance and the road has Red Line down the centre when in the Zone. Camera Icons are also shown on The Road in the CarPlay Display. You do not get your Actual Average speed displayed.

Doug
  • CostetaCosteta Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    Hi,
    late to the stage ha ha.
    Does TomTom Real Time Traffic work on the TomTom Go app of Apple Car play? I have a subscription on my iphone X.
    Regards
  • CostetaCosteta Posts: 7 [New Seeker]
    I am going to buy a Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB with Apple Carplay

• RicoKRicoK Posts: 150 [Supreme Navigator]
    @Costeta Yes, TomTom Traffic is working on CarPlay. CarPlay is only a mirroring of your iPhone.
  • YobotjeYobotje Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    According Apple’s template!
  • YobotjeYobotje Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since iOS 14.2 CarPlay is a mess in my Mazda. Center Joystick is not working anymore. ☹️ Since 13.0 passwords are not remembered in Mazda / iOS 14 because of privacy rules.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

Palferman
Palferman