Can I Stream Live Services To A Go Live 825? — TomTom Community

Can I Stream Live Services To A Go Live 825?

caravanjlcaravanjl Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
I didn't renew my Go Live 825 Live Services so apparently Vodafone has disabled the SIM card which I only found out when I tried to buy a new subscription last week.
Can I use an Android phone to stream Live Services to the Go Live 825 or is it a case of buying a new sat nav.

P.S. I tried using an RDS traffic receiver & it was complete rubbish & has been returned as unfit for purpose so this won't be an option.

Thanks for any advice.

Best Answer

Answers

• caravanjlcaravanjl Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 2019
    That was a quick reply, thanks.
    I'm in the UK so 2G is still on.
    I've phoned support & unfortunately the SIM card can't be reactivated.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    edited July 2019
    Hi
    @caravanjl

Does the SIM actually report an error ???

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • caravanjlcaravanjl Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, I tried that initially. Apparently it's Vodafone who disabled the SIM card on their network & once that happens the sat nav can never access Live Services again.
    I have been offered a new sat nav at a 30% off discount but as I now do very few long distance journeys it's not worth buying one.
    The Go Live 825 still works fine, just without the Live Services.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0