Live Services - Not showing on TOMTOM GoLive5200 — TomTom Community

Live Services - Not showing on TOMTOM GoLive5200

Hello,

I hope someone can help me, I have purchased the live services and have selected Updates and New Items, but no live services are showing anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

I am traveling tomorrow and purchased the live services as they had expired and now its not working.

Looking forward to replies,
Thanks in advance
Mel

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,173 Superuser
    Hi @MelRoo

Can you confirm the Tomtom unit you have. The GO5200 is one of the latest Wifi units and includes lifetime Traffic and Cameras and you should not need to buy the services. There is not a Tomtom unit calls the GO Live 5200.

Doug
    Hi @MelRoo

If your unit is a GO5200 wifi unit then hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow and sort this out. They will sort your account out so that the Traffic etc will continue. Look here tomorrow.

Doug
  • MelRooMelRoo Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @MelRoo

Can you confirm the Tomtom unit you have. The GO5200 is one of the latest Wifi units and includes lifetime Traffic and Cameras and you should not need to buy the services. There is not a Tomtom unit calls the GO Live 5200.

Doug

Hi Doug
    Thank you for replying - I certainly have the Go5200 and strangely enough I thought I had lifetime traffic and cameras - but for a few weeks now the weather and traffic haven't worked. Thus I purchased today the live services for a year and a half, but its not showing anywhere on my account apart from under Orders.

I'm almost ready to though the device out of the window!

Mel
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @MelRoo

If your unit is a GO5200 wifi unit then hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow and sort this out. They will sort your account out so that the Traffic etc will continue. Look here tomorrow.

Doug

Hi Doug

Thank you again, here's hoping they will be able to sort my device out tomorrow. I am driving to Malvern and thus know the traffic will be an interesting one. I will then look at getting a refund if needed.

I am hoping I don't need to send it back to the manufacturers as I have already had to do that over something else around a year ago.

Best wishes
    Mel
    edited July 11
    Hi @MelRoo

If you have the GO5200 then you do not need to buy any services.

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can check you sefttings and get back to you tomorrow. They may ask you to do a Soft Reset or a factory Reset if the they change the settings on your account.

What you could try is do a factory reset now to see if that sorts the traffic etc out.

Tap Menu
    tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

Now this will not affect the maps and the version o the software you have. It will however delete all your Data ie your Favourites (My Places), and any Poi and .Route files you have loaded from the MyDrive website. If you log into the MyDrive website you can check what favourites , Poi files and Route files are backed up there. When you do the Reset then this Data will be synced back to your unit when you have input the account and Wifi details and it logs into the account via your wifi.

To test the Traffic you will have to be out of range of your Wifi. When you are out of range

Tap Menu
    Tap the ? in a Blue circle.
    Tap About and scroll down and see if the GPRS says Connected.

All the best

Doug.
    Thank you Vikram

I've taken the device back to factory settings and it seems to be have worked.
    I forgot how super duper the device is.
    My phone keeps showing the app for mydrive, should it?
    How do I obtain a refund as it's not easy trying to find that out.
    Thank you again!
    Best wishes
    Mel
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,077 Superusers
    Hi
    @MelRoo
    MelRoo wrote: »
    How do I obtain a refund as it's not easy trying to find that out.

Phone Tomtom Support....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new/p1

ATB YFM