Cannot Create an Account — TomTom Community

Cannot Create an Account

MoxostomaMoxostoma Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited July 2019 in MyDrive Connect
I just purchased a GO 620 and am in the process of setting it up. I tried to create an account using my email address and a password but get the message "We cannot create an account using this email address." Is this because I already have set up an account using this address for the device I am replacing? How can I set up an account and link it to My Routes and My Places in MyDrive Route Planner?

Best Answer

Answers

• VXeroVXero Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thank you VikramK for setting up my account. I now have two devices in the same account so both can sync with Route Planner.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,855
    Superuser
    Hi @VXero

One thing you should know. If you have 2 or more units on the same account then you need to be careful when creating routes.

If both units are connected to your account at the same time and one is mid journey to point A then if you create a route on the other unit or send route from MyDrive both units will receive the new route to point B. This means the person on there way to point A will have their destination changed to point B and they may not spot it for a while.

The solution is to only have the units logged in when you want to do the updating and sync any new data. When you travel with the units logged out of the account it makes no difference to Traffic etc.

Have not yet sent SHMBO to Coventry when she thought she was going to the shops. ;);)

Doug
  • VXeroVXero Posts: 53 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Since my other unit is a GO 600 that shouldn't be a problem.

But are you saying that If my wife and I were driving to different places using GO 620's, have the MyDrive app opened on our phones, and I changed my destination, her unit would also change its destination?
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @VXero

The answer to your question is yes.as it will work with the GO600 as well.

If your wife is out with the GO600 and it is linked to her phone for Traffic etc whilst she is driving and it is logged into your joint account ie if you Tap Menu the Cloud icon is Bold, it will have its route changed if you create a route on your GO620 if it is linked to your phone and the Cloud icon on it is Bold. This happens even if she is mid journey. You can try it at home.

My Go5000 changes when I create a route on my GO Camper. They link to the Account automatically as they have inbuilt mobile sims which in your case happens when you link the phone to the devices.

You can have the MyDrive app on your phone and if you were to create a route on that and send the Destination or Stops to your device it will send it to them both and they will display the route when you turn them on and they have logged into the account not necessarily on the same day.

There are many benefits to having your units on the same account because if you create favourites (My Places) on either device or using MyDrive add POI and Route files then when the units log into the account they will be updated and have the same data on both.

My wife was out one day and phoned to ask how to get somewhere. I said have you got the Tomtom with you and she said yes but had not got the address.. I told her to turn it on and wait for it to provide her with a route. I then turned on the MyDrive App on my phoned , created the route and sent it. I could have done the same by creating the route on my GO Camper.

Doug
    Superuser
    HI @VXero

I would add another thing to my previous comment. If you create a route on your GO620 and your GO600 is mid journey and so has their route changed if whoever is using the GO600 deletes the route from their unit to re-input the one they were using it will delete the route from the GO620 and change that to the GO600' s route. =)=)

Doug