TOMTOM START 40 MAP UPDATE (now wont open!!!) — TomTom Community

TOMTOM START 40 MAP UPDATE (now wont open!!!)

The time on my tomtom stopped working and remained at 12:00 - I saw that it was an issue and updated via the website. Got my time back, then after short period, it stopped opening the USA/Canada map altogether. Then I see they want to sell me a new model. This cannot be coincidence. Now what???

Comments

• TyphoidTyphoid Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I fixed it!!! Noticed on another discussion that someone removed their map, and then re-installed it. It was not as easy as it sounds. I removed it once and then installed again and it did not work. I don't remember all the places that I went to accomplish this, but I ended up wiping everything off the damn thing. After that, I kept looking until I found where it offered the USA/Canada map along with its accompanying fix/update that I could not uncheck. I installed only these 2 items thinking that memory may have been my issue. After it finished downloading (wi-fi) which took some time, it asked me to restart the GPS. Now I knew it did what it was supposed to, then I downloaded everything else that I wanted and VOILà!!! Take your time, TomTom Home seems to have even updated, because it looks different now. But I still don't know if this is part of a huge scheme, or is this just what everyone is supposed to have to do.?.