France - No Route Possible — TomTom Community

France - No Route Possible

Chubby_MChubby_M Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I have just downloaded GO for iphone, downloaded the maps for France. Each time I try to create a route, it tries to work is out and comes back each time with 'No route Possible'
Any ideas

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,884
    Superuser
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Chubby_M

If you are trying to route from the UK you need to download the European connections Ferry Maps. You will find them under Europe in the Add Maps.

Because of an error you will have to download the both Ferry Connections Europe and the Ferry Connections Mediterranean to get all the UK South Coast Ferry crossings..

Doug
  • Chubby_MChubby_M Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, I will take a look & try, can I assume if I set the route when I am over the water in Calais then it should work OK ?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,884
    Superuser
    Hi @Chubby_M

You should be able to create a route from within the UK to anywhere in France if you have all the maps that the route will cover. It should work on your phone all the way to the UK port and when you get off the Ferry in France. There will be some mobile data used when abroad in order to get the Traffic data and French Danger Zones which is the legal version of cameras. This is likely to be no more than 10mb per month with daily usage.

The Bug is that the Dover crossing is in the mediterranean Ferry connection map otherwise if you only download the Ferry Connections European file you will be directed via Poole /Portsmouth.

Doug