Touch screen not working after update

Hello

XL touch screen will not work after recent attempt to update, can anyone send me a working backup file?? or what is the best way to get it working again

Comments

• Francine5Francine5 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    My touch screen doesn't work right either after some big updates this month/ end of May. It doesn't work every time I need it. Like it has a will of its own. Not very reliable.
    I called the customerservice. She gave me the advise to reset the sytem. It did n't work for me, but it might work for you, maybe? At the bottem I have another tip that might work for you.

The hardest part is to decide when to push the button 3 times, when the touchscreen is not functioning and you don't see anything.
    Here is how you reset the system for a start 25 type;

Recovery mode:
    • Make sure your device is sufficiently charged.
    • Hold down the on / off button until you see a black screen with white letters (hardware information screen).
    • Now press the on / off button 3 times in quick succession. You will now see a white circle on a black background that rotates.
    • Open MyDrive Connect and log in.
    • Connect the device to the computer with the supplied USB cable, keep it connected until the device is restarted. When the device has restarted you can disconnect it
    film in dutch:

I found this one on you tube. For this you don't need a touchscreen, it might be right for your tomtom, but mine doesn't have a resetbutton:
    trying out is for your own risk.
    Phoned again with customerservice: "sorry, we can't help you. You could buy a new one" They were willing to give a pricereduction, but tomtoms in other shops are still cheaper.
    Thank you and good buy.
  • Quest1Quest1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank you for the information!