Icon on poi´s not showing.

I have made to poi categories on www.pocketnavigation.net and I added an icon. But when I upload it to MyDrive, and sync it on my device, the icon disappears and I have to choose a standard from the GPS. Anyone who knows what to do?

Br Roger
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,820 Superuser
    Hi @RogerSkj

The icons for the 5 camping specific POI files that come with the GO Camper cannot be changed or used for ny other Poi files.

Anyr 3rd Party Poi file added to the unit via MyDrive can only be allocated one of the specific Icons offered by the unit and not have one of the old style .bmp icons.. One suggestion is that similar POI file types are given the same icon and when they appear on the map when you tap them you can see specific details on the Poi concerned.

Doug.
  • RogerSkjRogerSkj Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply.

But I have imported a poi list from CamperContact. They have their own icon in the GPS. How can they add an icon, but not from me?

Br Roger
    Hi @RogerSkj

The GO Camper comes with 5 Camping specific POI files preloaded on it and one of them is the Camping Contact campings POI file. If you have added the same via MyDrive you did not need to.

If you Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Show POI lists on the map you will find the Camping Contact Campings on the list.

Since I have had my GO Camper at least one of the 5 preloaded camping POI files has been updated by Tomtom.

The other 4 POI files , which have their own Icon, are ADAC Camper campings, ADAC camping, ANWB Camper campings and ANWB campings. There is no facility to give individual icons which help identify the identity of the POI by the business related image. for any other POI files.

Doug
  • RogerSkjRogerSkj Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    OK, thanks Doug.
    Hi @RogerSkj

You're welcome.

Doug