Please help me.....The extra memory card is not shown... — TomTom Community

Please help me.....The extra memory card is not shown...

I inserted a extra memory card in the TomTom 6100 but it doesn't show up in the Mydrive app.
Help, what to do :-(

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,402 Superuser
    edited July 13
    Hi @davetraveller

Your device works like my GO5100, we have World maps which will help you.

1 / If you have the red banner "No Map" on your device, first you must install a small map in the onboard memory. Without an "installed map" you will not be able to format the microSD to accept maps.
    ==> In MyDrive Connect (MDC) open the submenu of the map in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture (Venezuela only 29MB), not on the button and choose the location "Install On device"

2/ If you still have your old map, I assume EU with Scadinavia Buildings.
    - Use a microSD card class 10 of at least 16GB max 32GB, a recognized brand (Samsung, SanDisk, ...)
    - Format your microSD with your PC in FAT32. if your card is new "Quick Format" it's enough, "Allocation unit size" by "default" and without "Volume label" (blank).

3/ TomTom uses a proprietary formatting mode performed by your device.
    - Put the micro SD card in the TomTom device Not connected to the PC.
    - Do a Soft Reset of your device: Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds until you hear a drum sound.
    The formatting starts automatically after the Reset, on the screen choose the option "Map".
    - Or you can do it manually by yourself.
    ==> go to the main menu of your device (4Dots ....) / Settings / System / Format the memory card / choose the option "Map".

Now in the MyDrive Connect (MDC) software you have to see the microSD card like this.
    3yam54mppz8f.png

- - - - - - - - -

For the EU Map if you want to do simple, install the full EU map with buildings for all countries (8707MB).
    ==> In MDC open the submenu of the EU map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install Full Map With Buildings".

- - - - - - - - -

If you want another EU map zone, like EU with Scadinavia Buildings (6575MB), or EU without Buildings (7608MB) you need to cheat a little.
    ==> In MDC open the submenu of the EU map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install on Device" (internal memory), not SD Card.
    - MDC finds that it can't install the full EU map and opens a window with 3 choices. Choose the 1st "Remove some unused content".
    - A new window. In the right part choose the tab "On your memory card".
    In the left part "On your Account" click under the EU map on the choice "Select a map with limited buildings", select the zone you want, Scandinavia or another and click on "Continue".
    - In "On your Account" click on the EU zone to select it then on the arrow "install 1 item".
    - Now click on "Continue" then "Confirm" then "Agree and Install".
    - Download starts.
    liyxxttex4wu.png

- - - - - - - - -

I advise you to always keep the small map in the internal memory of your device. Thus Your device will always be functional and you will always have the choice of the location of the maps.

Regards.