Where is Homer?

Hi, I have previously bought and use daily the Homer Simpson voice on my Go 6000. I have (yesterday 1st July 2019) bought a new tomtom Go Premium X direct from tomtom and want to know whether I shall be able to install my Homer Simpson voice on the new unit.
I will obviously register the new device on my account as soon as it arrives with me.
I would be very grateful if you could come back to me on this one.
Cheers
Julian Goodwin

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,814 Superuser
    Hi @Joolsg007

Maybe @VikramK can add it to your account for download if it is available for the new unit.

Doug
  • Joolsg007Joolsg007 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    Thank you so much for steering me towards a possible solution. I shall send a message to @VikramK and see what response I get
    Cheers
    Julian
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,020 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Joolsg007,

Welcome to the Community! Once you receive the device, please link it to your account and post back here so that we can assign the voice on it.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Hi Lampard,
    My New TomTom GO Premium has arrived and is now linked to my account. I look forward to being able to install Homer's voice in UK yards on my new device. Thank you for responding to my question.
    Regards
    Julian Goodwin
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,020 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Julian,

Done! Added the Homer voice on your Premium device.

Cheers, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

Thank you for doing that. I was going to miss Homer, but not any more.
    Cheers
    Julian
  • Joe90PlusJoe90Plus Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Hi

I've just received my new GO Premium and would like to install Homer as he's entertained for thousands of miles on my old Start 20. What do I need to do, please?

Thanks
    Guy
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    @Joe90Plus Welcome to the community!

Voice-activated.

Should be offered for download when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

-Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Joe90PlusJoe90Plus Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Hi Vikram

Yes, it's visible now and downloading - either you did something or switching the device off and on again worked :)

Many thanks
    Guy