Go 500 European maps won't load into SD card — TomTom Community

Go 500 European maps won't load into SD card

Had this same issue 2 years back -found my old post about it.never resolved, just started working.
Have a 500 go with 2 maps sets. One NZ map (small) the other full European maps - too large for the internal memory
The NZ one allows me to install it on the internal and on the SD card no problem. The European map fails when loading to the SD card.

TomTom support have repsuhed the map and given me a UK only map which also installs onto the SD card no problem.
Have reinstalled my drive, reformatted SD card and reset TomTom. Nothing works.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited July 2019
    How big is the card ? Have you tried a different card of at least 16GB ? Have you tested the card with something like H2testw ? https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,285
    Superuser
    Hi @Lostkiwi

The Full European map will not fit on an 8gb card but requires a 16gb or maximum 32gb card.
  • LostkiwiLostkiwi Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    edited July 2019
    It's a 32 gb card. The card had the full European map on it previous to update. I have enough space for all 3 maps, speed camera, voices and half the card still spare. The cause seems to be something in the actual update

Accepted Answer
    molerat wrote: »
    How big is the card ? Have you tried a different card of at least 16GB ? Have you tested the card with something like H2testw ? https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539

Thanks but the SD card 8s fine, it allows me to load everything apart from the euro map

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,285
    Superuser
    Hi @Lostkiwi

Try when you have My Drive Connect open Tap the Gear Wheel top right then Tap Downloads then Tap Empty download folder.

This should clear any old files and you can try downloading the European Map again so it is definitely a fresh copy.

Doug
    Thanks @DougLap
    Yeah I've deleted out the files and re-downloaded them and had TomTom do the same from their end (they advised the same but also sent me a new version of the map) without success.
    I also totally deleted all of the TomTom files and downloads on the PC and then reinstalled it fresh, again without any change.