How do I remove the UK map from my device? — TomTom Community

How do I remove the UK map from my device?

Used UK map while on holidays. Now back in North America but cannot remove it and change back to the North American map. Tried "Manage My Device" but no options available.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Hi @ffraz

Welcome to the community!

when you connect the device to MyDrive Connect, does it not allow you to install the US map?

If there is not enough memory then MyDrive Connect will automatically prompt you to free up space offering you the option to remove the other map.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ffrazffraz Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The only way I can add the North American map is with a memory card. There is no option to uninstall the uk map but it is showing as active
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    In My Drive Connect under My Maps it should show the maps live on your account with an uninstall button under each one.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    Hi @ffraz

I was under the impression that you only got the option to delete a map in My Drive if you had 2 or more maps. This would be to ensure there was a map on the unit at all times which is needed so the unit can be started.

Your unit only has 8GB of internal memory and so I assume that when you added the UK map you had an old USA map on it and there was just enough space to accept the UK map. Maybe the current USA map is now too big to update on the internal memory with the UK map thus the need to for the extras memory card. I would add the extra memory using a SanDisk, Samsung or similar major make of Micro SD Class 10 card either 16gb or a maximum of 32gb and then download the map.

There is an advantage to have both maps on your unit. If you only have one map on the device and you run into a problem when updating you can finish up with no map and the unit will not start. Leaving the UK map there will ensure you can start the unit to sort any problem you have with the USA map and vice versa. The UK map will leave plenty of space on the internal memory which is a benefit for operation of the unit.

Doug
  • ffrazffraz Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug. I finally gave up and called support. They made some changes at their end and it was sorted out. Thanks for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,550
    Superuser
    Hi @ffraz

Thanks for advising and pleased you are all sorted.

Assume a previous USA map attempt was blocking things.

Doug