POI's on TomTom GO Camper — TomTom Community

POI's on TomTom GO Camper

Is there any way some of the POis can be temporary switched off and back on again when required,
ie if I've got canavan sites shown on the maps it can be a bit much if National Trust Properties are shown at the same time, in other words the maps can be obliterated with them.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Best Answer

• Trooper_Clive744Trooper_Clive744 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi DougLap

With your help I think I’ve managed to sort it out, my problem was with all the caravan sites showing plus all the National Trust Sites and English Heritage ones the maps were appearing rather busy, but at least now I can turn off for example the National Trust just leaving English Heritage sites showing or visa versa.

How I did it was as you said click Settings, Appearance then Show POI list on map, scroll down to the POI listing I temporary don’t want to see on the map.
    It will have the word Show by the side of it, click Show and a new screen will open showing a white dot against a yellow hexagon shape which is the symbol to indicate National Trust Sites on the map, just chick the Hide button at the top of the listings and the white dot will no longer be visible.
    Click the arrow at the top right corner of the screen to go back to the map and the hexagon symbols will no longer be shown on the map.
    The English Heritage symbol is a blue triangle.

My thanks once again for your help.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,940 Superuser
    edited June 29
    Hi @Trooper_Clive744

The only way to control which POI's are displayed on the Screen is to turn them On or OFF(hide) in

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Show POI lists on map

You cannot stop the display of My Place positions. So if you have a lot of those in area it can be a problem

Doug
  • Trooper_Clive744Trooper_Clive744 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi DougLap

With your help I think I’ve managed to sort it out, my problem was with all the caravan sites showing plus all the National Trust Sites and English Heritage ones the maps were appearing rather busy, but at least now I can turn off for example the National Trust just leaving English Heritage sites showing or visa versa.

How I did it was as you said click Settings, Appearance then Show POI list on map, scroll down to the POI listing I temporary don’t want to see on the map.
    It will have the word Show by the side of it, click Show and a new screen will open showing a white dot against a yellow hexagon shape which is the symbol to indicate National Trust Sites on the map, just chick the Hide button at the top of the listings and the white dot will no longer be visible.
    Click the arrow at the top right corner of the screen to go back to the map and the hexagon symbols will no longer be shown on the map.
    The English Heritage symbol is a blue triangle.

My thanks once again for your help.