Now TomTom Home doesn't work on Rider 2nd Edition.... — TomTom Community

Now TomTom Home doesn't work on Rider 2nd Edition....

banquobanquo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
Not satisfied with selling me a map upgrade that won't fit on the largest card the Rider 2nd Edition will accept, I now find the both 'Operate my RIDER' and 'Use TomTom Route Planner' are both greyed out on TomTom Home.
g862cjsjal6s.jpg

Clicking on them brings up this message, with no explanation at all of why the Rider won't function on Home in the way it was intended to. Does anyone know if there's a solution to this, or wjy these functions have been disabled?

icsau2hpf4tk.jpg

Answers

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 749
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
  • banquobanquo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks; yes, I've seen the UK version of that, which is simply a not very well disguised effort to persuade me to spend the same again on a new TomTom unit. It states, "Your device will continue to function as it does now, but your map will become out-of-date and as such navigation will be less accurate." but that's completely untrue if the functions on TomTom Home are disabled, and routed can no longer be planned on my PC.... My disillusionment in TomTom is complete it seems
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 749
    Superuser
    I never used that one for route planning. I preferred alternatives like Tyre (you must have a license for that). You may try it or other solutions like MyRoute-App, etc. Anything that may produce an ITN file...