Can't purchase map in Slovenia — TomTom Community

Can't purchase map in Slovenia

webkowebko Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I would like to purchase a map of Europe for my Carminat TomTom built-in car navigation device.

I can not make a purchase through website - there is no Slovenia in the drop-down menu of countries, and your TomTom HOME PC application will give an error when trying to purchase - "Internal server error. 236/#https://community.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment: *IT payment server returned an unexpected error* Error code: 236 ..."

Does my money stink? Joke aside, I really would like to make a purchase, but really can't.

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,758 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @webko

Welcome to the community!

COuld you try ordering it on the Ireland webshop.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_ie/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/europe/

You don't have to enter your physical address when asked as this will be a downloadable service, you can trick the ordering flow by entering a dummy address.

Once the order is placed successfully the map will be offered for download (TomTom HOME)

Regards
    Vikram
  • jermiijermii Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    hi I have a similar issue, bought a go essential 6 gps from amazon UK some months back, and because I live in Kenya Africa I am unable to purchase the Africa map, because my location isn't an option in the drop down list.. in Africa the only 2 options are Morocco and South Africa.. when I try and pay whilst selected UK where I bought the unit, it will not allow me to pay as my credit card billing address is Kenya.. should I stay stuff it and send this GPS back to the UK as I am unable to use it.. and on the tomtom webpage they are rather helpful..NOT..and no email address to get some direct or personal assistance
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,243 Superusers
    South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 18:30
  • Lavanda25Lavanda25 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I regularly travel between Europe and Australia. I purchased TomTomGO620 in Australia and I would like to add map of Europe. No joy. The online support of TomTom stinks. Instead to make it simple, they make it hard. I cannot sign into my account. At the same time TomTom says that I have to delete my Australian account (how if cannot sign in) and start anew. If I tried to sign in and open new account it states I cannot until I delete my Australian account. Rip off marchants these crowd...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,932 Superuser
    Hi @Lavanda25

If you have a GO620 Wifi you should be able to Add a European map from Maps in Settings at no cost as you should have Worlds maps.

If you are saying that you cannot it would suggest that your account needs sorting and if you contact your local Customer support they should be able to sort it. There should be no need to change account at all. Are you sure you are contacting the correct Tomtom Customer support . See below for the Customer Support Telephone numbers.

The only thing to be aware of is that as you purchased the device in Australia the Traffic facility will only work in that region. When you travel to Europe Traffic will not work as Traffic would not work for me if I went to Australia or USA etc. Traffic is restricted to the region in which the device was purchased.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug