Can't purchase map in Slovenia — TomTom Community

Can't purchase map in Slovenia

webkowebko Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I would like to purchase a map of Europe for my Carminat TomTom built-in car navigation device.

I can not make a purchase through website - there is no Slovenia in the drop-down menu of countries, and your TomTom HOME PC application will give an error when trying to purchase - "Internal server error. 236/#https://community.tomtom.com/payment/initiatePayment: *IT payment server returned an unexpected error* Error code: 236 ..."

Does my money stink? Joke aside, I really would like to make a purchase, but really can't.

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @webko

Welcome to the community!

COuld you try ordering it on the Ireland webshop.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_ie/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/europe/

You don't have to enter your physical address when asked as this will be a downloadable service, you can trick the ordering flow by entering a dummy address.

Once the order is placed successfully the map will be offered for download (TomTom HOME)

Regards
    Vikram
  • jermiijermii Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    hi I have a similar issue, bought a go essential 6 gps from amazon UK some months back, and because I live in Kenya Africa I am unable to purchase the Africa map, because my location isn't an option in the drop down list.. in Africa the only 2 options are Morocco and South Africa.. when I try and pay whilst selected UK where I bought the unit, it will not allow me to pay as my credit card billing address is Kenya.. should I stay stuff it and send this GPS back to the UK as I am unable to use it.. and on the tomtom webpage they are rather helpful..NOT..and no email address to get some direct or personal assistance
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,174 Superusers
    South Africa
    0800 980670
    Monday-Friday: 10:00 to 18:30