Map Not Current

AussieRagdoll
AussieRagdoll Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
edited June 2019 in Map quality
Does anyone know why the maps for the Marsden Park area in Sydney has still not been updated? You cannot search for, or manually enter the address for Costco (10 Langford Drive Marsden Park). This is despite this Costco having opened to the public in August 2017. Almost 2 years ago.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,064
    Hi @AussieRagdoll

Welcome to the Community! Please install the latest map of Australia on your device and check again. Right now, your device has the Southeast Asia & Oceania map installed on it.

See the public FAQ here: Updating your device with WiFi

Cheers, lampard
  • big
    big Posts: 1,719
    Superuser
    I've noticed quite consistently now: if a built-in point of interest exists at a particular address then you can no longer search for the address.

For example (and I didn't try it in your case), if you enter "10 Langford Drive Marsden Park" the address can't be found. But if you search for Costco, one will show up at 10 Langford Drive and you can select it.
  • AussieRagdoll
    Apprentice Seeker
    Actually, even if you search for Costco, the Marsden Park location doesn’t come up.
  • AussieRagdoll
    Apprentice Seeker
    I’ve just spent the best part of an hour downloading the Australian map and it STILL cannot find Costco in Marsden Park, not the actual street (Langford Dr) in Marsden Park. So, now what?
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,064
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, this place (Costco in Marsden Park) is not yet updated in our maps. You can either add the co-ordinates (-33.72165, 150.84138) of the store in MyDrive Route planner and save it under My Places which will eventually sync with the device. Or you can report this on the Mapshare reporter and add this store as 'Point of Interest', see the public FAQ here.

Regards, lampard
  • AussieRagdoll
    Apprentice Seeker
    This is. Continuation on this topic… just a different problem.

I have downloaded the update for both the Oceania and Australia maps. Yet despite the intersection of the Newell & Mitchell Highways (also known as Victoria & Wylandra Streets) in Dubbo having changed from a roundabout to a traffic light controlled intersection on your website (I notified the change in November)… this intersection STILL shows as a roundabout on my GO620! Why? The intersection of Cobra & Fitzroy Streets in Dubbo which recently changed from a roundabout to lights DOES show correctly.

I just want my device to tell me the right information. Is that too much to ask?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    This is. Continuation on this topic… just a different problem.

I have downloaded the update for both the Oceania and Australia maps. Yet despite the intersection of the Newell & Mitchell Highways (also known as Victoria & Wylandra Streets) in Dubbo having changed from a roundabout to a traffic light controlled intersection on your website (I notified the change in November)… this intersection STILL shows as a roundabout on my GO620! Why? The intersection of Cobra & Fitzroy Streets in Dubbo which recently changed from a roundabout to lights DOES show correctly.

I just want my device to tell me the right information. Is that too much to ask?

HI :) It would be best to share your findings on Mapshare for the team to look at :)

https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/new/mapshare/#loc=49.10412,-123.85924,19.5
  • AussieRagdoll
    Apprentice Seeker
    Did that in November. It is why the intersection shows as light controlled on the TomTim website…. But even on the latest map update, the intersection STILL shows as a roundabout on my device. I ended to having to chat with TomTom on Twitter Direct Message & have even sent them a photo of the intersection as shown on my device yesterday to prove that I am not going insane….

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why the discrepancy between the two maps. And yes… I have updated the maps, as recently as yesterday. And still this discrepancy persists. I am waiting for the next update & hopefully it will be fixed that time. There was another intersection in town that changed from a roundabout to lights, but that shows correctly both on the website & on the device. So I am confused as to why this one doesn’t.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Did that in November. It is why the intersection shows as light controlled on the TomTim website…. But even on the latest map update, the intersection STILL shows as a roundabout on my device. I ended to having to chat with TomTom on Twitter Direct Message & have even sent them a photo of the intersection as shown on my device yesterday to prove that I am not going insane….

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to why the discrepancy between the two maps. And yes… I have updated the maps, as recently as yesterday. And still this discrepancy persists. I am waiting for the next update & hopefully it will be fixed that time. There was another intersection in town that changed from a roundabout to lights, but that shows correctly both on the website & on the device. So I am confused as to why this one doesn’t.

Hi,

Can you send me the coordinates for each roundabout not lights, also with screenshots of TomTom Maps and Google Maps? So I can report it :)

Thanks,

Shawn