lost watch - is anyone using it? — TomTom Community

lost watch - is anyone using it?

Franny1965Franny1965 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
If for instance someone has found it, has bought a charger, and is using it, is there any way of finding out if they are using it, and downloading their data to an account? I understand stand that because it’s a GPS receiver and not transmitter, this is probably the only straw i can clutch at.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    No there is not. Once they do a reset it will just look like a newly registered watch and TT has no way of knowing if they got it second hand, it was given to them, etc. They do not keep a database of suspected missing watches by serial number, which would be an unreasonable expectation anyway. You are out of luck, sadly.
  • Franny1965Franny1965 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Cheers, thanks for your help. Let’s just hope it turns up somewhere for me. Unreasonable perhaps, but one enhancement for the future maybe. Ta very much.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Franny1965 wrote: »
    Cheers, thanks for your help. Let’s just hope it turns up somewhere for me. Unreasonable perhaps, but one enhancement for the future maybe. Ta very much.

FYI, there are no enhancements for the future. TT Sports went out of business over 18 months ago and stopped all development and production. The watches are dead (so don't buy another TT to replace this one).
  • Franny1965Franny1965 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Aha!!! Thanks very much for that.