What profile to use for an Excercise Bike? — TomTom Community

What profile to use for an Excercise Bike?

AlistairWAlistairW Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hello,

I was wondering what setting I should use for an exercise bike. The stationary bike setting requires wheel size, so I am not sure that is entirely useful. Should I use Gym ?

Thanks - Alistair

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,329
    Superusers
    The indoor cycling sports mode only requires a wheel size if you are using a cadence and speed sensor, otherwise it simply records time and HR (as it has no way to know speed and distance). You can use this mode or gym as you will get the same results without a bike sensor.
  • dansportsdansports Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited June 25
    I have set my cadence and speed sensors for indoor cycling and they work without asking me for the wheel size...so i supose all the info given is an aproximation of the reality.

BTW anyone knows how to add that wheel size info? In the phone app, tomtom pc software or in the Tomtom watch? Thanks.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,329
    Superusers
    dansports wrote: »
    I have set my cadence and speed sensors for indoor cycling and they work without asking me for the wheel size...so i supose all the info given is an aproximation of the reality.

BTW anyone knows how to add that wheel size info? In the phone app, tomtom pc software or in the Tomtom watch? Thanks.

In the watch, Under Sensors> Bike you can enter the wheel size.