Why do "fixed" map error reports not get issued on map updates. — TomTom Community

Why do "fixed" map error reports not get issued on map updates.

AndySwAndySw Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
I have reported map errors where roads are not there and these have been designated as fixed. There have been a number of community map updates and at least one full map update but the errors remain. Customer service repeatedly advise they will get back to me when they hear from the "concerned" team but absolutely nothing ever comes back. I must say overall the product is good but the customer service really lets the product down.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,694 Moderator
    Hi @AndySw

Let me check for updates.

Could you share the report id's here, please?

Regards
    Vikram
  • AndySwAndySw Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Vikram
    47d7f572-8f65-4446-bf2b-3d23cc30d9d1
    79aedb00-770f-4574-ade5-dcb874a0e950
    Also f7f6a465-e476-4165-8e48-bf50109b5e0e has been pending since 12 April.
    Thanks
    Andy
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 675
    Superuser
    It can take 6-9 months for a correction to appear once it's been accepted.
    1. 47d7f572-8f65-4446-bf2b-3d23cc30d9d1 Reported on - 2019.April.11
    2. 79aedb00-770f-4574-ade5-dcb874a0e950 Reported on -2019 April 11

These will require 6-9 months to reflect on the actual maps on the PND's

f7f6a465-e476-4165-8e48-bf50109b5e0e

The one you mention is pending, I am unable to search for it in the system.

Regards
    Vikram

• AndySwAndySw Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you Vikram. Why the customer service team could not have told me this at the beginning and saved a lot of time i don't know. They also advised me to notify temporary road closures that were not picked up by my Go 6200 via the map share procedure. What a waste of time and effort this would appear to be. Your help is appreciated though.
  • GerryFitzGerryFitz Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have been reporting errors on the new major road system in Sunderland one of the major cities in the North East of England for 7 months. My reports are marked as FIXED but they are not.There have been two map updates in that time. I am getting very frustrated with this.
    Currenlty TomTom has traffic arriving from the west turning off the main road and taking two turns to go through a McDonlads Take away.
    In the other problem traffic from the East is being turned off the main road and up a dead end.
    Absolutely frustrating and quite pathetic. - it gived me no confidence that when I travelk outside of my home area that the TomTom system, will be correct.
  • LepreLepre Posts: 107 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hello everybody,
    since early October I have reported (5) times a new road, but I have not yet seen the change from Tom Tom. In August I reported two new streets with names and they were deleted. I got tired of reporting and not seeing results.
  • ThannBanisThannBanis Posts: 39 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Ever since the New Map Share Reporter interface was released there have been issues with getting reports accepted. And even once they are it seems to take a while for them to be corrected and displayed.
    Nearly as long as it takes for someone from Garmin to respond to these questions!!!
    Well, we are nearly into 2020. Another map update has been sent out but still they have not changed to issues I reported. What is the point?
    Hi @GerryFitz

Could you share the mapshare report id please?

I would like to refer this back to the team and check for any updates.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • zbiwaszbiwas Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have reported some map changes (e.g. cd6c6744-eca1-455c-8218-35089945f821) and they are already fixed and visible in MapShare for several months, but still not visible in the TomTom Go application for Android. Why?
    Hi @zbiwas

Welcome to the community!

The correction got accepted in December 2019 and it could take upto 6-9 months for the change to be rolled out in our quarterly map updates.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26419

Regards
    Vikram
  • zbiwaszbiwas Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @VikramK
    Thank you for quick answer but I can't understand why it must be in process for such a long time. Navi applicatnions should take accuracy of maps as their highest priority and do their best in delivering ap-to-date maps as soon as possible. Six months is definitely too long!

Best regards
    Zbigniew