RDS TMC traffic receiver not working on VIA 135 — TomTom Community

RDS TMC traffic receiver not working on VIA 135

since upgrading software a couple of weeks ago on VIA135 , my RDS TMC traffic receiver not connecting.
Right hand side bar traffic info bar not displayed. Before this was fine.

Comments

• manilalranamanilalrana Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No reply yet, is any body there who can help?
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,002
    Superuser
    Hi
    You can try to set it to Factory settings.
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/html/en-gb/index.htm#Resetfactorysettings.htm

But note: you lose all your personal data and settings
    Thanks for the reply. I already had done that but without any success. Incidentally,
    I tried the RDS TMC traffic receiver on the other VIA135 and it works which only suggest
    the upgrade did change some settings. I tried installing TOM TMO Home version to remove software on faulty VIA135 but it wont connect while on TOM TOM Mydrive connect it shows connected and says software upto date. But I want to re install through TOM TOM Home which I cant.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    That model **only** works with MyDriveConnect, not Home.
    Thanks for the comment
  • PacwosqinPacwosqin Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Been trying for a year or more to fix this on my Via 135. Customer Service say they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Oh yea!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Hi @Pacwosqin

Welcome to the Community! I've made some changes to your device as the last resort. To apply these changes, please follow the steps mentioned in the link here (After step 8 in the link, the device will say 'updating' and then reboot automatically) Please install the GPSfix update in MyDrive Connect.

After the update, make a factory reset on your device. Connect the TMC receiver, plan a route on the device and give it a test run to see if it helps. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
    Well thanks for taking time out to reply Lampard, appreciated. Followed your links but am unable to empty cashe via MyDrive as the "Empty Download Folder" is greyed out. So I went to the file location listed above it and found it was already empty. Followed the rest of your instructions but it's still not working. RDS TMC lead works fine on a friends Via 130.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,748 Moderator
    Hello @Pacwosqin

Sorry to hear that! The changes which I pushed earlier seem to be failed to install on your device. I've made the changes again so if you wish to try this, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect the device from computer & Soft Reset: Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more.
    • Open MyDrive Connect, Right-click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then select Cogwheel > Settings.
    • Select the tab Downloads.
    • Click Empty download folder. (Ignore if it's greyed-out)
    • Click Save settings.
    • When your device is turned on, connect device to the computer.On MyDrive Connect in the right bottom corner, it will say ‘updating’.

Once the MyDrive says 'Davice is up to date', connect the receiver and plan a route on the device to see if it works for you. (for the last time)

Regards, lampard
    Well miraculously something has happened lampard!

Receiver now picks up a signal (get a bar with a car symbol at the top and no spinning symbol), but it doesn't seem to actually receive any traffic information? I did a journey with it sitting alongside a 5100 which did display delays, but nothing on the Via.

Thank you for you efforts so far.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,301
    Superusers
    @Pacwosqin

Don't forget the RDS traffic cable is NOT Live Traffic. Only supposed to get traffic for main roads/highways--not all roads.

Further, traffic refreshes every 15 minutes, not every 2 minutes like Live Traffic. Lastly, the rds traffic is not available in all areas or regions. For example, here in Canada, the rds traffic only works for FOUR cities in Canada. And then, only for a 50 km (30 mile) range.
    OK, thanks for that.

To add, this was a 200 mile trip in the UK and we hit "main road" traffic and delays several times. None of which came up on the RDS, all of which came up on Live Traffic. Before this Via issue arose it provided reliable coverage over most of the UK and certainly not just cities. It *was* great - it simply stopped working after a map update ages ago as TomTom Customer Services is well aware.