Accidentally deleted maps on my TomTom GO 600, how to get them back? — TomTom Community

Accidentally deleted maps on my TomTom GO 600, how to get them back?

tomtomrobtomtomrob Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited June 2019 in MyDrive Connect
accidentally deleted maps on my TomTom GO 600, how to get them back?
Tagged:

Answers

• moleratmolerat Posts: 40 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 2019
    Plug into your computer and run My Drive Connect. What does it show ?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,907 Moderator
    Hi @tomtomrob

Welcome to the Community! I can see that your GO device is installed with the latest map of Europe and software version on your device yesterday. Hope this is resolved!

Cheers, lampard
  • IvyCIvyC Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Could I have advice please.
    Update of Europe map 10.40 became corrupted yesterday.
    Have deleted corrupt version and tried to download new copy only to get message that there is insufficient space on my GO6100. However, My Drive Connect screen shows free space of 6311mb on device & 6115mg on memory card. I have returned advice to factory settings in order to start from scratch but cannot re-load Euro Map.
    Any ideas please?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    HI @IvyC

Also the two memories do not have enough space on them for the Europe map. It will not split the map between tohe two memories but put it on one or the other. You will ned at least a 16gb card for the extra memory.

Maybe @VikramK can add a small map to your account which you can download to the devices internal memory. Once loaded you can sort the Europe map out. If he does add it you should leave it loaded on the device as if you have a problem updating the Europe Map and lose it as a result the small map will ensure you can start the device normally. Once started you can then try to reload the lost map.

Doug
    Thank you DougL. Will invest in a 32GB card. I understand now that the download cannot be spread across the 2 storage mediums.
    Its something of a poser though as my current SD card is 16 GB and when I reverted to factory settings I thought I would get back all the memory. I tried to re-format to wipe the card but the device would not action the command as the card was already formatted.
    I have already downloaded the Tunisia Map as it was the smallest I could find.
    Thank you again for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,389
    Superuser
    edited December 2019
    Hi @IvyC

If you have the Tunisia map on the internal memory of your GO6100 then if you only have the Europe map on the 16gb card then you can try the following provided if you take the card out the Device starts up normally and displays the Tunisia map.

Reformat the card to Fat32 in your PC, do a Full Format not a Quick Format, then reinstall in the device and after formatting it for maps try downloading the Europe map. A 16gb card is more than enough for that map.

Doug
    Once again thank you for your time and patience Doug.

I've finally successfully formatted a new 32GB card and the full 10.4 Euro map is currently being installed via Connect. The GO6100 has been very temperamental and slow to respond but I seem to be getting somewhere.
    I got a new SDHC - with adapter - so I could re-format the original card as you suggested on my Mac. Initially the first 3 attempts failed. But the final repair and erase cycle was successful. Interestingly the Disk Doctor showed the 16GB card as 'full' at the process outset although the TT Connect data showed only <7GB used! Something to do with the original download/install corruption perhaps?
    Will know if successful in an hour or so. Thought the above may be of interest to you.

Best regards

Steve @ Ivy Cottage
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,754
    Superusers
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @IvyC

Try reformatting your Old 16GB Micro SDHC card with this App from the The SD Card Association.....
    There is a Mac version available... https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/index.html

ATB YFM