Request for adding a smaller map due to a SDCard failure.

Answers

• ivfedericoivfederico Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi i have exactly the same problem "no maps installed" error, europe map is too big for memory gps. , i allready contacted the support service and told me to format the card, which i did but still doesnt work.

it is possible to get a small map so i can get the device working again ? thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,805 Superusers
    edited June 27
    Hi
    @ivfederico

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account in the Morning
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1655381/#Comment_1655381

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    edited June 26
    Hi
    @Big_lad63

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account in the Morning
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1655381/#Comment_1655381

ATB YFM

edited June 27
    Hi @ivfederico @Big_lad63

UK and ROI added for your device.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • jcesarcojcesarco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    please
    I have exactly the same issue as @LorenzoX had - my SD card on my GO 500 had an issue and corrupted, so I have had to replace it. I haven't had a map on the GO for many years due to the increased size of the Europe ones, so the new SD card can't be formatted on the GO due to no maps being present on the device.

I don't have enough space on the GO to install the smallest Europe map despite removing everything I can.
  • Big_lad63Big_lad63 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi YFM & Vikramk,
    Many thanks for all your help, small map now installed, just need to get a SD card to download the Europe map, would a 32GB card suffice ?
    Kind regards Big-lad
    edited June 27
    Hi
    @Big_lad63

You're welcome, glad you're nearly sorted :)

SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless....
    A Branded Class 10 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC card is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

ATB YFM

@VikramK can i have small map please
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    @jcesarco @VASILE92

Smaller map added

Should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • wfTamarwfTamar Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I have a Go Camper. Did a reset at supports suggestion, now the Europe Camper map is 13 months out of date and can't be updated. It's over 8Gb and I have 4Gb free. No microSD card (looks like I have to buy one, but will it work?).

On top of that to get onto this site I had to create a fresh account as it wouldn't let me login with the existing one! Does anything at TomTom work as described?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,815 Superuser
    edited June 28
    Hi @wfTamar

You don't have to add a memory card because you have 4gb free. When you have the option to update the map then it will delete the old map and put the new one in its place.

If I was you I would do the following whilst connected directly to the Wifi or if the Wifi is slow then Download MyDrive Connect software from the Tomtom site. When MDC has opened on your PC then connect the Go Camper and use the menu options on the Camper to do the following. You are using the PC as a Wifi source and you do not have the option to manage the following with the PC.

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap maps
    Tap Add a map
    Tap Latam or Oceania camping maps. These are each less than 4gb so will load on the internal map.

Now you have loaded this then Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Delete a Map.
    select the European map and let it be deleted.

Now Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a map
    Select the European map which should be the latest 1030 edition.

Regarding the Extra memory if you get a 16gb or maximum 32gb Micro SD Class 10 memory card from a major maker like Sandisk or Samsung then you will be able to download the other 2 camper maps that are available to you.

Hope that helps

Doug
  • jcesarcojcesarco Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi VikramK

I'm very grate for the kindness
    Thank you very much
  • Big_lad63Big_lad63 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi Vikramk & YFM,
    Got a SD card & downloaded the European maps to it successfully albeit took 5 hours :(
    I am one very happy chap, once again many thanks for all your guidance & assistance :)
    Best regards Big-lad
  • FedericoPSFedericoPS Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, can you add to my account a smaller map? Thanks.
  • AlexiusAlexius Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, I have same problem – can't format bigger SD card because maps are on smaller one and device doesn't format new card without maps. Could you please add smaller map to my account ? Thank you in advance
  • brunetubrunetu Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited July 1
    hy guys. In atemp to expand the memory of my tomtom , i replaced the card with a 16gb card. but before i placed the new one in my tomtom go 50 a deleted the old one (data can not be recovered) and now my go50 is displaying NO MAPS AVAILABLE. REINSTALL A MAP YOU ALREADY OWN.
    but if i connect tu my drive the map i have is 6,5 gb and the total memory, if i delete everything is 6,2. so i cant install a new map and i cant acces the menu on the device to install the new sd card. please help
    Hi @brunetu

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will see this tomorrow and can add a small map to your account which you can then load on the internal memory and then format the new card for the full European map.

Doug
  • brunetubrunetu Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    that will be really great. that will be the only solution i think. Cause i am trying for a few hours now to acces the menu and it wont let me
    Hi @brunetu

The default position is that the Tomtom units need a valid map on the unit to start.

When you have loaded the small map and sorted everything out do NOT delete the little map. If you leave it there should you have a problem with an update of the main map and finish up in the NO Map situation again you will now be able to start the unit and resolve the problem.

Doug

Hi .@DougLap . Thanks for your answer . But I do not have a smaller map on my account so I can do what you said . Can you help me out with that please ?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online8

Edoardo000
Edoardo000
Silberpfeil
Silberpfeil
YamFazMan
YamFazMan
+5 Guests